• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bobby Orr
    Newest Member
    Bobby Orr

June Banter 2020

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Tomorrow looks fantastic!!! hoping the storms decide to hold off until later in the evening so i can indulge on crabs and beer and forget that I'm closer to 40 than 30

My mom just sent me a wonderful recipe for crab balls! They are like mini crab cakes that you can pop into your mouth. Going to get some crab to try them out. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

My mom just sent me a wonderful recipe for crab balls! They are like mini crab cakes that you can pop into your mouth. Going to get some crab to try them out. 

that sounds delicious! my husband makes some fantastic crab cakes with the leftovers. cannot wait.

• Like 1

Really have cut back the beer drinking the last couple weeks but doesn’t mean I can’t continue to stock:lol:. Picking up from Black Flag today, Absolute Unit-a 13% imperial cookie dough stout aged in willitt barrels. And also a Norwegian imperial stout. After I pick up those and my RAR order Sunday I’ll probably have a solid 60 beers or so in the fridge. 

We had a wonderful day on the beach at assateague today, and then drove north on the back roads to Dewey. Sitting outside sharing a few 5 oz’ers and having dinner at Dewey Brewing Co. 

Perfect evening for being outside.

• Like 3

Happy birthday to a great friend and really awesome person! @mappy  I hope you have a fantastic day in the pool with family and crabs and booze!!  :wub::hug::drunk:

image.png.c7afb9880a74b8ccd084b1b0d27fcf41.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

What time is the pool party, Mappy? Happy birthday!

Picking the crabs up at 1, come on up :) 

thank you! 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, H2O said:

Happy birthday to a great friend and really awesome person! @mappy  I hope you have a fantastic day in the pool with family and crabs and booze!!  :wub::hug::drunk:

image.png.c7afb9880a74b8ccd084b1b0d27fcf41.png

Thank you! Still younger than you so I got that going for me ;) 

you da best 

3 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

That’s awesome. Nice article. 

Too bad it's pay walled. I would love to read it.

Screw buying subscriptions to all these online newspapers though. Plenty of freely available resources for news, and they all get their money from advertising. Pretty much every site requires you to turn off ad blockers now.

6 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Too bad it's pay walled. I would love to read it.

Screw buying subscriptions to all these online newspapers though. Plenty of freely available resources for news, and they all get their money from advertising. Pretty much every site requires you to turn off ad blockers now.

I didn’t have any issue opening it. Odd. 

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I didn’t have any issue opening it. Odd. 

WP and other news sources give you a few freebies per month, then you have to subscribe. I used to play the game of deleting cookies, but in most cases you have to clear everything, which effs with logon info and profile settings for sites I care much more about, so not doing that

Summer birthdays are the better ones, but birthdays in any other season are great because they are an excuse to step back from the mountain of work that sometimes happens. Even better if they happen right before a snowstorm.

On a different note, any day now, the garbage long range monthly models will start messing with us by waving good looking winter months in our face, but we all know they will never happen.

8 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Happy birthday @mappy!

4 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Whoa...I guess I missed it.  So yesterday was @stormtracker's birthday, and today is @mappy's?  Well happy (somewhat belated) birthday to you both!!  I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Party hearty!!!

image.jpeg.645c62323bd7c1b4a91af4a90c7ef163.jpeg

Thank you both! 

16 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

WP and other news sources give you a few freebies per month, then you have to subscribe. I used to play the game of deleting cookies, but in most cases you have to clear everything, which effs with logon info and profile settings for sites I care much more about, so not doing that

I can usually get by the pay wall by going private.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I can usually get by the pay wall by going private.

Incognito used to work on most sites, but now I usually get the white screen of death as soon as I click on a link to something of interest.

That said, I just copied/pasted the link from the WP article and it actually worked this time, lol.

• Like 1