• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bobby Orr
    Newest Member
    Bobby Orr

June Banter 2020

22 hours ago, ErinInTheSky said:

Maybe that's the better way of putting it. I might be basking in it because I miss it ha.

Ha!  Maybe so!  Of course, I was just joshing you a bit on the hot/humid weather stuff! 

Well, the 5 foot cockroach remark wasn't really a joke, I swear you could ride the ones in Florida!!  Or at least lasso them. :D

Anyone here have a metal roof? We are getting a new one at Deep Creek and going with metal (currently shingles). 

trying to decide between exposed fasteners vs the seamless. Seamless has no risk of the screws degrading over time/causing leaks but it’s about $7k over the exposed fastener metal roof.  The roofer said the seamless has a life of like 100 years (lol). 

59 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Anyone here have a metal roof? We are getting a new one at Deep Creek and going with metal (currently shingles). 

trying to decide between exposed fasteners vs the seamless. Seamless has no risk of the screws degrading over time/causing leaks but it’s about $7k over the exposed fastener metal roof.  The roofer said the seamless has a life of like 100 years (lol). 

I've heard the exposed fastener metal roof lasts a pretty long time.  7K is a chunk of change to me . Either is better then shingles but unless you're Yoda living hundreds of years I'd use that 7k to go on a couple nice vacations.  Just my .02.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

I've heard the exposed fastener metal roof lasts a pretty long time.  7K is a chunk of change to me . Either is better then shingles but unless you're Yoda living hundreds of years I'd use that 7k to go on a couple nice vacations.  Just my .02.

I'll up that to .04 for ya.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Yeah, we decided to go with the metal fastener....just couldn’t justify that price difference and honestly we wouldn’t recoup that whenever we decide to sell it.  

16 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Drinking a Magic Hat #9 ...first time . Not sure what to make of it . It's a different beer for sure .

Never tried that one. Doesn't sound like my thing. Gets pretty average reviews on Beer Advocate.

That DFH 120 min IPA sitting in my fridge is going to get consumed here shortly. No doubt about it. :drunk:

• Like 2

So I am not just a baker/cook. I tend to be a jack of all trades. Over the years I have spent time and money getting my back garden organized so that it could be a vase garden. This year it has exploded with all my work. Here is my first vase bouquet from my yard. 

596D0982-2E4F-4CD9-8952-FE563CBBEE93.jpeg

• Like 10

18 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Drinking a Magic Hat #9 ...first time . Not sure what to make of it . It's a different beer for sure .

It’s light and a little fruity. Easy drinking. I like it fine in summer, but don’t go out of my way for it.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Perfect night for a smoke! Groovy blue berry cigar and blackberry slushy beer is the combination here!

0EEC7785-23DE-4816-BEE1-93697B6F613B.jpeg

That beer looks interesting enough to try.

I would skip the smoke. Unless you are talking weed. :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

That beer looks interesting enough to try.

I would skip the smoke. Unless you are talking weed. :ph34r:

It’s a fruit sour beer. Low ABV. Pretty thick. It’s okay for summer. Love smoking occasional sweet cigars though. 

On 6/12/2020 at 2:30 PM, nw baltimore wx said:

@jonjon

is the taproom open these days? Need another fix.

Open 5-9pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and Saturdays from 4-9pm.   Adding Sundays soon from 1-7pm.  Half capacity for all these days.  Still cans/growlers to go as well.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2020 at 1:44 PM, Mrs.J said:

So I am not just a baker/cook. I tend to be a jack of all trades. Over the years I have spent time and money getting my back garden organized so that it could be a vase garden. This year it has exploded with all my work. Here is my first vase bouquet from my yard. 

596D0982-2E4F-4CD9-8952-FE563CBBEE93.jpeg

Mrs J.your hydrangeas +  are a living example of why artificial stimulation is unnecessary. If you have a yard or can find a green space all you need is to open your eyes and enjoy what has always been free. If I ever figure out how to add a photo to a post I’ll share an un-intentioned floral creation of mine with you. As always ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonjon said:

Open 5-9pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and Saturdays from 4-9pm.   Adding Sundays soon from 1-7pm.  Half capacity for all these days.  Still cans/growlers to go as well.

My husband was in on Saturday afternoon -  he went gluten free in January but cheated with a Lefty Lucy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rclab said:

Mrs C, your hydrangeas +  are a living example of why artificial stimulation is unnecessary. If you have a yard or can find a green space all you need is to open your eyes and enjoy what has always been free. If I ever figure out how to add a photo to a post I’ll share an un-intentioned floral creation of mine with you. As always ....

Would love to see it!

6 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Never any doubt that you could do it all :) 

Thanks. I actually grew up with a lot of doubt I could do anything. I am Dyslexic. My mom was told by the school system I grew up in I was not bad enough to be tested. She finally took me to my Eye Dr. who at the time diagnosed me with a Left/Right reversal and lack of comprehension. Which I have now found out is on the Dyslexic spectrum. I struggled all through school except with art and music. And any class that was hands on. I was the only girl in my Industrial Arts class aka Shop that could take apart a Brigs and Stratton single stroke lawnmower engine, clean it, put it back together and make it run like it was new. I got through college because I changed my major to Fine Arts. It has taken me quite sometime to be comfortable in my own skin. All the things I excel at are hands on. But I have finally gotten to that point. And being able to share all that I can do with everyone here and with my family is great!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, jonjon said:

Very good! Thanks. We may be up that way for a quiet 4th of July weekend.

Unrelated, but my girl and I decided to bait up the trot line and give it a go for some crabs even though it is early and it’s been pretty chilly. We didn’t get on the water until 4:30 but managed a dozen and a half of some big, muddy, and packed crabs. I left the bait on the trot line just in case I want to sneak out again tomorrow after work!

image.jpeg.f38d76461275fda5c7614f8046aaa0c3.jpeg

image.jpeg.3c3f47a1cbc1fd4c62ddf0e561e5055e.jpeg

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Would love to see it!

Mrs J. The small image you see below is the unintentional attempt I alluded to. Mrs L and I had a long and sometimes contentious relationship and being a bit of a sometimes foolish sentimental romantic, I would buy her a fresh rose every so often. Depending on the state of our relationship at the moment the rose would either be lovingly placed in a bud vase or the nearest circular receptacle if I wasn’t within throwing distance. When I lost her I made the side room on our floor a memory room. I placed a live rose by her portrait. It would last a week or more and then I’d replace it. I felt bad disposing of them so began holding on to them. What you see in the photo, is the result. The pandemic stopped me from the purchase so I placed a permanent crystal rose by her portrait. A portrait of her done a few months before her 17th birthday. Mrs L’s last gift to me was the illustrated book “ The Giving Tree”. I purchased it, at her request. She was too ill to leave the house. It was five weeks before her passing. I keep it on my night table. I even wrote a review for Amazon. It was the only way I thought I could thank the author. “ Now as an old man I sit where she rests. I dream and remember”.  That was the last sentence of my review. Thank you, Mrs. J for the beauty you bring to the forum, as always .....

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, rclab said:

Mrs J. The small image you see below is the unintentional attempt I alluded to. Mrs L and I had a long and sometimes contentious relationship and being a bit of a sometimes foolish sentimental romantic, I would buy her a fresh rose every so often. Depending on the state of our relationship at the moment the rose would either be lovingly placed in a bud vase or the nearest circular receptacle if I wasn’t within throwing distance. When I lost her I made the side room on our floor a memory room. I placed a live rose by her portrait. It would last a week or more and then I’d replace it. I felt bad disposing of them so began holding on to them. What you see in the photo, is the result. The pandemic stopped me from the purchase so I placed a permanent crystal rose by her portrait. A portrait of her done a few months before her 17th birthday. Mrs L’s last gift to me was the illustrated book “ The Giving Tree”. I purchased it, at her request. She was too ill to leave the house. It was five weeks before her passing. I keep it on my night table. I even wrote a review for Amazon. It was the only way I thought I could thank the author. “ Now as an old man I sit where she rests. I dream and remember”.  That was the last sentence of my review. Thank you, Mrs. J for the beauty you bring to the forum, as always .....

image.jpg

image.jpg

What a wonderful memory you have in that bouquet. And the crystal rose is beautiful. So glad I am able to bring a bit of beauty into your life. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Dinner tonight 

A4339AFB-7AAF-4C1F-A2B7-7A04830C5CC7.jpeg

Looks yummy. I wish I had taken pics of the bacon wrapped pork chops we had. Damn, they were good!!

• Like 2

We need to have a zoom meeting/cooking class with @Mrs.J... everything she cooks and makes both looks and sounds fantastic 

Of course we can add others as well who cook well... which is not me lol

• Like 4

11 hours ago, yoda said:

We need to have a zoom meeting/cooking class with @Mrs.J... everything she cooks and makes both looks and sounds fantastic 

Of course we can add others as well who cook well... which is not me lol

I would be up for that. I have a lot of recopies that would work. Actually working on my 2 week meal plan today as grocery day is Friday. 

14 hours ago, H2O said:

Looks yummy. I wish I had taken pics of the bacon wrapped pork chops we had. Damn, they were good!!

Ah yes you should have!!! Bacon on anything makes it just that much better! I just found a recipe for grilled rosemary bacon wrapped chicken breasts that made me drool. 

2 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

I would be up for that. I have a lot of recopies that would work. Actually working on my 2 week meal plan today as grocery day is Friday. 

2 weeks? im lucky to know what to make for dinner each day let alone 2 weeks worth. Teach me the ways!