Total Members
    Most Online
    David
    Newest Member
    David

May Banter 2020

6 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

Isn't this the year for the 17 year cicada? That should be fun

It’s 2020. What can go wrong WILL go wrong.

3 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Maybe this is the year for the emergence of the -NAO during actual winter. Once every 10 years perhaps.

See above. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Maybe this is the year for the emergence of the -NAO during actual winter. Once every 10 years perhaps.

Pfft. Everybody knows that getting a -NAO during winter is absolutely futile these days. I'm consulting with the reaper @WxWatcher007 for an early booking in the panic room for next winter. Fire up that thread! :lol:

• Haha 1

I've heard talk of a rare Double Omega Block forming over the North American Conus by next week.

If this is realized, wouldnt that place Texas in a trough that would in effect be very stable meridionally? Meaning, it wouldnt move much?

We might end up getting  TN/West Va/ SW Virginia'd lmao! I was laughing at the Mid Atlantic getting bedeviled by a pesky upper level low lol.

1 hour ago, JakkelWx said:

Pfft. Everybody knows that getting a -NAO during winter is absolutely futile these days. I'm consulting with the reaper @WxWatcher007 for an early booking in the panic room for next winter. Fire up that thread! :lol:

Niña’s coming. Early bird specials may just be available by Independence Day. Save up. 

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Niña’s coming. Early bird specials may just be available by Independence Day. Save up. 

This upcoming winter, the Winter of 2020 - 2021, will be very different from a Nina perspective. It will play out more like a moderate Nino. Washington DC will definitely get much more snow than last winter. At this time - It looks like 25- 35 inches on the season. It probably will go up as we progress towards October.

I have now been living in South Central Texas, specifically in Buda, Texas, for nearly 2 years. The anniversary is Aug 26.

This place is like California. We dont have much weather. It just stays hot, except in "winter" when it is less hot. lol

Here, because we dont have much weather, I have now taken to sports as an official obsession, I mean I am now obsessed with ALL sports, in lieu of weather.

But this upcoming Memorial Day weekend and throughout the following week and possibly BEYOND!!!!!!, will likely be a very rare exception.

The following excerpt is why I think this may be so:

.LONG TERM (Saturday Night through Thursday)...

By Saturday evening, the large scale pattern will consist of a slow-
moving Four Corners trough and a secondary upper level disturbance
near the western Great Lakes within the amplifying mean east CONUS
ridging. The humid, soupy airmass already in place with dew points
mainly in the upper 60s to mid 70s is expected to persist until
around Tuesday at least. By that time, the Four Corners trough will
have reached the TX panhandle and cut off from the mean flow. It`s
not expected to exit our region for several days after that, perhaps
influencing our weather through the following weekend with chances
for showers and thunderstorms every day through the long term period
and maybe even beyond. The reason for this stalling of the upper low
is a rather anomalous trough-ridge-trough-ridge-trough pattern
stretching from the EPac to the W Atlantic that will spend several
days completely disconnected from the upper level jet near the
US/Canadian border.

If this comes even close to verifying, I will be as excited as I would have been in Dale City in January for a 36 inch snowstorm!

We have already seen 7.5 inches of rain this May. Nine to ten days ago last Tuesday, we got treated to a 6 inch rain extravaganza that was not even predicted! Storms trained over us for three to four hours then it rained for another four hours at much lower rates.

If we can get trained over by repetitive efficient rain producers, I will be very very elated indeed! I might even have to go out on an extended jebwalk! We already have pretty wet ground here!  This could end up being most enjoyable indeed! I. LOVE. FLOODS. WITH. ALL. MY. HEART!

Wait! Wait! Wait!!! :huh: WHAT IS THAT??? :unsure: I see......this blue canopy overhead thru the fog/mist and some strange whiteish looking orb :sun: up there....lol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I mean, ok. It's really almost impossible for a winter to be worse than the last one was. So, whatevs.

• Like 1

I just want warm, sustained weather so I can really enjoy hiking season. This year I want to greatly expand the number of trails in the area I've done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

I mean, ok. It's really almost impossible for a winter to be worse than the last one was. So, whatevs.

All joking aside, we’ve had a horrific stretch. I was maybe 33% of normal here last year, and almost all of that fell the first two weeks of December. Hopefully, we have a real winter.

28 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

All joking aside, we’ve had a horrific stretch. I was maybe 33% of normal here last year, and almost all of that fell the first two weeks of December. Hopefully, we have a real winter.

*divides 3.9 for the season by normal of 26.5*

14.7% hmmmmmm..........

• Haha 1

Just ordered me some of this to pick up later. Been waiting for someone to release a crazy stout that’s relatively local. 

1BB3ACD5-D955-4BB3-B2A1-C85FF0EE03C7.jpeg

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Just poured a Flying Dog 'The Truth' Imperial IPA.

Getting ..r...done early I see . Mid afternoon HHs can be the best :drunk:

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Getting ..r...done early I see . Mid afternoon HHs can be the best :drunk:

Its Friday!

And the start of a  holiday weekend.

• Weenie 1

Not a surprise, but Arlington County sent out an email today saying the “most likely” scenario is that we will be having remote learning in the fall.  The “least likely” scenario is a return to normal operations.  In between in terms of likelihood is some combination of in person and remote learning.  

Cracked open the peanut butter bourbon cereal killer stout from Independent Brewing co in Bel Air. It’s good, but more bitter than I would have envisioned and also on the boozy side for only being 6.8%. I guess that’s the bourbon flavors popping. Would get again, but it’s not on my top level tier of stouts 

CB543354-4560-4CB2-89CD-69CB9B00C3A1.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baltimorewx said:

Cracked open the peanut butter bourbon cereal killer stout from Independent Brewing co in Bel Air. It’s good, but more bitter than I would have envisioned and also on the boozy side for only being 6.8%. I guess that’s the bourbon flavors popping. Would get again, but it’s not on my top level tier of stouts 

CB543354-4560-4CB2-89CD-69CB9B00C3A1.jpeg

I love stouts so much but def not a bourbon guy so feel like I miss out on lot of releases. I also like my coffee iced so maybe that bourbon burn is what steers me away. 

13 minutes ago, Rvarookie said:

I love stouts so much but def not a bourbon guy so feel like I miss out on lot of releases. I also like my coffee iced so maybe that bourbon burn is what steers me away. 

It’s not a strong bourbon flavor, typically you don’t necessarily taste bourbon in the beer, it just makes the beer more boozy and gives it that barrel aged smell. I’m not a huge whiskey guy, Occasional old fashioned and manhattans but I’m def not a bourbon snob 

On 5/21/2020 at 4:43 PM, rclab said:

My my such intensity. You full name must be Mappy F5 Tornado. No wonder everyone behave in the M A. As always ....

lol I’m not that bad. 

28 minutes ago, mappy said:

lol I’m not that bad. 

Pffffffffffffttttttttt

:wub:

gotta return the favor when opportunity presents 

• Like 1

Working at the park today should be interesting. Wish me luck. Hopefully no city turds come up falls rd to rock out at the park and the pavilions. 

2 hours ago, mappy said:

lol I’m not that bad. 

With the weight of the ‘MOD’ balanced precariously on your shoulders, you can’t always be good. As always ......

Nice summer day. Having a blast using my Elucto electrocution swatter to slam carpenter bees. They are active today. Gotten about 10 so far.

It really is quite satisfying, this game. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1