Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2020

donsutherland1

29 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

GFS essentially has nothing east of the city due to the rain shield breaking up and unimpressive elsewhere. I know most other models are heavier with the rain but it'll be interesting to see what happens with the rain shield as it comes through NJ. 

saw that.  An outlier though when compared to everything else-the RGEM and NAM are wet and Euro only slightly less so.

1 hour ago, jm1220 said:

GFS essentially has nothing east of the city due to the rain shield breaking up and unimpressive elsewhere. I know most other models are heavier with the rain but it'll be interesting to see what happens with the rain shield as it comes through NJ. 

You still haven’t learned after all these years that the GFS is nothing but a garbage model and should have been shot in the back of the head years ago.

Still, the further West you are the more rain you’ll get today.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Wind more impressive here to today then anything from the big wind event after Easter 

totally calm here...odd it's that much windier just west

.79 at BDR from the first batch.   brighter skies off the to south but having trouble moving north

On 4/29/2020 at 11:33 AM, SnoSki14 said:

50s and potentially 30s for lows is very cool for May and is relatively chilly.  

Still it could be a lot worse and it may very well be.

I'm seeing hints of a -NAO/AO along with a -EPO which could be a prelude to rare mid May coastal storms.

For our area mid to late next week it's looking like highs close to 60. Perhaps low 60s. Lows in the low-mid 40s. That's cooler than normal for May, but not so terrible. I think most of us find 60 degree weather fairly pleasant for spring. At least we'll be getting to the point that cooldowns will still be mild weather, rather than very cool weather. And before the cooldown we're gonna see low 70s this weekend, so that'll be nice.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Getting windy here, can hear the roaring. Good sign winds are mixing down given current lack of convection.

Don't understand why anyone would want strong damaging winds? Or hope for very heavy rain? Especially since it's been so wet and the water table is so high. If you live in an area like me, with septic systems, you don't want any more rain for awhile.

13 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

For our area mid to late next week it's looking like highs close to 60. Perhaps low 60s. Lows in the low-mid 40s. That's cooler than normal for May, but not so terrible. I think most of us find 60 degree weather fairly pleasant for spring. At least we'll be getting to the point that cooldowns will still be mild weather, rather than very cool weather. And before the cooldown we're gonna see low 70s this weekend, so that'll be nice.

10 to 20 degrees below normal

15 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

By May even cooler weather still feels okay. The exception is a coastal or any prolonged onshore flow. 

That being said a high in the 50s is definitely well below normal for May which is pushing 70+ for climo.

13 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

By May even cooler weather still feels okay. The exception is a coastal or any prolonged onshore flow. 

That being said a high in the 50s is definitely well below normal for May which is pushing 70+ for climo.

Yes, it's very difficult to get highs in the 40s in May.

I dont really care about climo though, 50s are 50s no matter what time of the year it is.  Definitely better than April weather.

29 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Yeah it's not really much of a cooldown.  I feel like we really turned the corner after that yucky day in the 40s last Monday.  We wont see anything like that again until next fall, no matter the pattern.