Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fear and loathing April, 2020 discussion, obs, and the occasional derailment

Typhoon Tip

Just now, ineedsnow said:

I need to find a piece of land on top of a mountain.. you know of any places :)

Ha, this time of year you need to get over 1,500ft-2,000ft to enter winter.  Living above 3,000ft would be a trip.... just snows relentlessly in the winter.  A lot of QPF throughout the year.

Living down here at 750ft on the valley floor though, we just have our big temperature swings to hold on to.  

9F drop in the last hour and 14F drop in the last two hours... warmth just vacates as fast as possible in the valley as soon as the sun goes down.

3 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Wtf.  25F.  Growing season in reverse here. 7 days in a row now below 32F.  6 of those in the 20s. 16/21 days at or below freezing as well.

I do not not heat my greenhouse, by this time I typically wouldn't need to anyway. The past 2 weeks have been close to killing off some of my plants in there, my strawberries started flowering a week ago. It has been consistently 80s and 90s during the day, 30s at night...

Min 28F here...looks like 26F for CON. MOS is still a record for Thu morning with 17F. I think 12z had 16F. Hopefully it's one of those deals where they rad like mad and we stay a little mixed and like 5-10F warmer. Maybe we don't end up radiating much at all and it just ends up mid 20s with a breeze.

Saw our first bear of the season overnight on camera too. It looked relatively younger than previous ones we've had.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spanks45 said:

I do not not heat my greenhouse, by this time I typically wouldn't need to anyway. The past 2 weeks have been close to killing off some of my plants in there, my strawberries started flowering a week ago. It has been consistently 80s and 90s during the day, 30s at night...

That sucks.  Hopefully you don't lose anything