Total Members
    Most Online
    friday
    Newest Member
    friday
Torch Tiger

March 2020 disc/obs

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Greening and growing at 1k in the woods but apparently Chernobyl conditions along the E shore in burbs of BOS

04g5XKy.jpgUgqjtN1.jpg

What have you done to that poor Forsythia ?! :P

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nice and trimmed and shapely !

I enjoy seeing them grown to their natural arching shape but obviously where you have that it’s probably not a possibility.

Yeah Logan may be a degree or so too cool, but it’s been much more accurate. May even be getting better as time goes on based on the graph Will posted.

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Greening and growing at 1k in the woods but apparently Chernobyl conditions along the E shore in burbs of BOS

04g5XKy.jpgUgqjtN1.jpg

If not tomorrow, that forsythia will probably bloom on Tuesday or Wednesday when the skies clear.  Mine are slightly behind that but you run warmer than I do on average.  2012 bloomed on March 24th so you're running about a 7-8 days later than 2012.   April 18th is the average date since 2002.

3 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

If not tomorrow, that forsythia will probably bloom on Tuesday or Wednesday when the skies clear.  Mine are slightly behind that but you run warmer than I do on average.  2012 bloomed on March 24th so you're running about a 7-8 days later than 2012.   April 18th is the average date since 2002.

Well I don’t run Warmer than you for highs. a few colder. Nighttime typically I agree other than CAA

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, MetHerb said:

His probably was in bloom until he butchered it. :lol: 

BTW, yesterday was the anniversary of a sick nor’easter. Blue hills gusted to over 100 mph and the interior got buried with over 20” in ORH county. Even eastern areas had TSSN.  As a side note, it ripped a plume of Tippy Sonoran heat and got Brownsville TX to 106 the day prior. It probably helped fuel it. There was also a major tornado outbreak in the Carolinas. The 80s sucked for winters overall, but there were notable late season storms. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

BTW, yesterday was the anniversary of a sick nor’easter. Blue hills gusted to over 100 mph and the interior got buried with over 20” in ORH county. Even eastern areas had TSSN.  As a side note, it ripped a plume of Tippy Sonoran heat and got Brownsville TX to 106 the day prior. It probably helped fuel it. There was also a major tornado outbreak in the Carolinas. The 80s sucked for winters overall, but there were notable late season storms. 

1984?

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yep sorry, all that and I didn’t even mention the date. :lol:    

I was living on the beach then. Epic. WST gusted to 85. Waves were 20 ft plus. The next day we found thousands of sea clams on the beach.  We had clam everthing for months.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I was living on the beach then. Epic. WST gusted to 85. Waves were 20 ft plus. The next day we found thousands of sea clams on the beach.  We had clam everthing for months.

Any bearded ones?

• Haha 1