• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
March 2020 Discussion

madwx

Looks like an inch on the grass type of an event tomorrow afternoon/evening.  As expected the NAMs have slowly reduced QPF in the final hours leading up to the event per usual this season.  An uptick in QPF on the guidance in the final 12hrs before the event would be more surprising than waking up tomorrow to see that covid 19 has vanished overnight across the globe.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, snowstormcanuck said:

Hopefully winter's last hurrah tonight.  Maybe a couple of stat padding slushy inches.

Another 2" will put us above 55" for the winter making it the snowiest winter at YYZ since 08-09 lol. Pretty sad if you think about it.

Hopefully it's the last. I'm ready for Spring. 

1 hour ago, cyclone77 said:

Pixie dust has commenced, with a temp at 36.

There have been several reports of 1/2 mile or less vis in snow in southern/southeast Iowa the past few hours, so it may rip for awhile.  Looks like 1.5-2" on the grass on the way.

Gonna have to revise the above to maybe a few tenths if we can get snow to fall after sundown.  The ground is now all wet so it would take a decent period of +SN to get a dusting during the daylight.  Barely snowing atm.  On the plus side at least it snowed during the day while I was off work.

3 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Gonna have to revise the above to maybe a few tenths if we can get snow to fall after sundown.  The ground is now all wet so it would take a decent period of +SN to get a dusting during the daylight.  Barely snowing atm.  On the plus side at least it snowed during the day while I was off work.

Anything on the grass yet?

13 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Nice.  I must have jinxed us here, as I started taking a time lapse before it started lol.

lol, possibly you did. I don't know if it helped, but temps didn't get as high here as was forecasted, before the snow started. Yesterday was a solid underachiever as well. Of course pretty consistent good rates here, doing some work...