Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
March 2020 Discussion

madwx

6 hours ago, CheeselandSkies said:

My reaction exactly. Did not need it to start looking like winter again with this pandemic misery going on. It'll be gone in tomorrow's 59 with rain; but then it will get even colder than it is now for Friday-Sunday.

I know the winter wonderland is some posters' cuppa; but not mine, at least not before Thanksgiving or after about March 10th.

Haha our deepest snow was before Thanksgiving this year. I always love snow but I get what you're saying. My winter loving mom has almost the same timeframe as you....start at Thanksgiving and end early to mid March. That said, i cant think of anything gloomier during this pandemic than the cold dreary rain falling outside right now.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Geoboy645 said:

So it's been snowing pretty much all morning here. We have probably an inch or two on the ground now. We were supposed to get a dusting :angry:. At least the snow is now transtioning to rain so it should all be gone in a few hours.

Pretty cool storm potential for you guys though; it's quite possible you get an inch or two of snow on the front end, thunderstorms, possibly severe, with tomorrow's wave followed by up to an inch or two of snow on the back end of that.

11 hours ago, wisconsinwx said:

Pretty cool storm potential for you guys though; it's quite possible you get an inch or two of snow on the front end, thunderstorms, possibly severe, with tomorrow's wave followed by up to an inch or two of snow on the back end of that.

Yeah, it is a pretty interesting storm. Although at this point I couldn't give a crap about the snow. The thunderstorms will be nice though, maybe they will awaken the ground a bit.

22 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Looking forward to the 60+ dews late tomorrow/tomorrow eve.  Will be the first time this year for that.  Time to throw some brats on the grill and throw back a few frosties.  :beer:

After getting a cold soaking to the start of the day temps shot up to the 60's this afternoon.  Was forecast to keep raining but as the evening progressed and the radar dimmed the BratGrillThrowback sounded like a good idea.  Currently 68 with greasy flame drips and chilly mugs :tomato:

• Like 2

It's fierce out this morning.  Snowed pretty much all night after 1/4" of rain yesterday.  Snow turned very heavy a couple hours ago, with 2" falling since around 7am.  This higher terrain that hugs superior shoreline is getting hammered with intense micro bands embedded in the main shield of snow. I'd estimate 8-9" so far.

• Like 3
  • Weenie 2