• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    dhubbard
    Newest Member
    dhubbard
madwx

March 2020 Discussion

Over 3.5" of rain since late last evening.  There's standing water everywhere, even 12+hrs after the rains mostly shut off.  Won't take much to get us up over the 4" mark if we get any kind of action later on.

From 3.3" snow 6 days ago, to a flash flood event, and now a PDS tor watch.  :guitar:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

Strange that both ORD and PWK are 66 degrees right now, but MDW is only at 64.

• Weenie 1

Getting frequent 40-45mph gusts.  MLI hit 49mph earlier.  

The landscape has dramatically greened up after all the rain, and fixed nitrogen from the lightning.  Trees have swelled buds.  Won't be long before leaves start popping out.

• Like 3

Yeah, the wind has really been howling all night and morning.

I only picked up 0.39" of rain from this system... nothing Thur/Fri, nothing late Saturday.

4 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Getting frequent 40-45mph gusts.  MLI hit 49mph earlier.  

The landscape has dramatically greened up after all the rain, and fixed nitrogen from the lightning.  Trees have swelled buds.  Won't be long before leaves start popping out.

Same here except that fixed nitrogen thing lol.  Gonna have to mow soon.  Sucks 

Just now, cyclone77 said:

Yep I've been out getting all the equipment ready.  Prob be cutting grass in about 8-14 days.  Ready, set, mow, yo!

I worked on a golf course for 3 years in college.  I want to build a 3/4 acre deck to cover my yard.  I hate grass, well that kind of grass :pimp:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Yep I've been out getting all the equipment ready.  Prob be cutting grass in about 8-14 days.  Ready, set, mow, yo!

Not looking forward to mowing season lol. But mid to late April means it's time for 6-7 months of grass cutting.

REALLY hope this verifies. Would probably be near record highs later in the day for some areas verbatim.

ecmwf_T850_us_11.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

Not looking forward to mowing season lol. But mid to late April means it's time for 6-7 months of grass cutting.

Dust mites are 100x worse for me.

2 hours ago, Maxim said:

REALLY hope this verifies. Would probably be near record highs later in the day for some areas verbatim.

ecmwf_T850_us_11.png

Getting there is gonna suck

Actually had some 50-60 mph gusts in the area today. 

Peak wind gusts of 55mph at ORD and 54mph at MDW.

Forgot to mention...Had the first good t’storms of the year here late Friday night/early Saturday morning.

The same activity that trained cyclone moved into portions of the area. Ended up with ~2” of rain during that period here, and 1.50”+ at ORD.

ORD had 1.48” of rain on Saturday, which broke the daily precip record for the date of 1.26” (1977).

looks like some lake effect showers moving into Chicago.  Today looks like the dreariest day for awhile.  Nice warm up for the end of the week

• Like 1

Madison had its 13th warmest and 17th wettest March on record.  Only 2.8" of snow for the month.

• Thanks 1

Dayton had its 14th wettest March on record with sunshine during the month at only 20%. Not only did Columbus have its second wettest March on record, but also tied the record most number days in March with measurable precipitation of 20 days previously set in 2004.

Columbus' Top 5 Wettest Marches
1. 9.59" - 1964
2. 8.16" - 2020
3. 8.09" - 1913

4. 8.08" - 1945
5. 7.66" - 1921