Sign in to follow this  
Damage In Tolland

The 2020 Lesco & Lawn Thread

Recommended Posts

Winter lasted only a few short weeks for most of us south of the NH/ VT border. Many landscapers and homeowners have started or in some cases completed their spring cleanups. The shovels and blowers have been stored away , replaced with leaf blowers, rakes, car wash and wax and baseball gear . LFG!

  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Winter lasted only a few short weeks for most of us south of the NH/ VT border. Many landscapers and homeowners have started or in some cases completed their spring cleanups. The shovels and blowers have been stored away , replaced with leaf blowers, rakes, car wash and wax and baseball gear . LFG!

not much to clean up this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bostonseminole said:

not much to clean up this year.

Had a lot of limbs and branches from those two icestorms . But there’s been very little wind this winter , so not nearly as much as usual. The best thing is there’s no mud. So easy with no mud season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Had a lot of limbs and branches from those two icestorms . But there’s been very little wind this winter , so not nearly as much as usual. The best thing is there’s no mud. So easy with no mud season 

Do you really wait till spring to clean-up branches?  The grounds been clear 90% of the winter why couldn't you pick them up after the storm?  LOL...and golfers as a sign like no courses are open year round.

Meanwhile in reality land, the sap is flowing like it's early spring and the run looks to continue for a couple of days before freezing things up later in the week and then another run next week right on schedule.  Spring projects...plenty of time to work on the lawn later in spring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Wonder how many ticks were killed with the low snow year and multiple hard freezes, hopefully many. 

Probably none

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

Do you really wait till spring to clean-up branches?  The grounds been clear 90% of the winter why couldn't you pick them up after the storm?  LOL...and golfers as a sign like no courses are open year round.

Meanwhile in reality land, the sap is flowing like it's early spring and the run looks to continue for a couple of days before freezing things up later in the week and then another run next week right on schedule.  Spring projects...plenty of time to work on the lawn later in spring.

No I am OCD as everyone knows, so I generally pick up the vast majority of them right after the storm . Today was more the little stuff that you don’t necessarily see until it’s just grass .

At least you’ll make serious money with the sugar season that went from late Jan into early Morch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  I've learned years ago I can't be trusted with over fertilizing with Lesco.  I end up with a superfund site of burnt grass.   

We went with an "all natural" company called Natural lawn of America for years.  They suck.  I've had the worst lawn since I started using them.   This year I'm switching it up to a local guy.  He comes in a truck with a skull and crossbones on the side (not true). He actually demands access to your irrigation system (true).  He's learned over the years everyone overwaters at the wrong time and then blames the fertilizer guy.     

Looking forward to the fairways of Augusta national this year in the front yard. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With snow officially gone, a free weekend and no sports to watch, I'm all in on cleaning up from winter tomorrow. Should be a little chilly, but will be good to be out working in the yard.  Hoping to clear the yard and get early spring fertilizer down this weekend.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2020 at 2:32 PM, Chrisrotary12 said:

With snow officially gone, a free weekend and no sports to watch, I'm all in on cleaning up from winter tomorrow. Should be a little chilly, but will be good to be out working in the yard.  Hoping to clear the yard and get early spring fertilizer down this weekend.  

Best lawns ever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a bed that goes along the side of my house that I made deep into the fall... arborvitae didn’t make it, so I ordered a bunch of bulbs  and am just going to plant all kinds of bulbs and stuff over there that flower at different times. 100s of bulbs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Lawn fertilizing didn’t make the cut.  We po.

I head ya... what you see is kind of what you get in my yard currently. The plan was to re do the back yard with loam and new seed but that’s obviously on the back burner until further notice now. It’s green and doesn’t look horrible so it is what it is. 
 

I literally ordered hundreds of bulbs that flower between late spring and fall to plant in our bed that is bare. Can’t afford to do what is really like to do which is line it with some nice bushes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get fert last week from one site in Dartmouth, putting down now, ordered 8 yards of mulch. May as well have something to do outdoors during these times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was just looking for something in a folder on the desktop and found this.  Had the lawn striping attachment for my push mower. The new "grass grooming attachment" for the Deere is nowhere near as good. 

lawn.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

When can hydrangeas be planted? Ordered some through a Nursery and they Are in really good shape, just obviously small having them shipped.

Do I plant them now or wait?

Plant.  They’re winter hardy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Magnolia just beginning to bloom and grass really coming along. Next weeks mild and sunny will help 

Neighbors magnolia in full bloom.

some cherry trees as well

forsythias in bloom

jonquils, daffodils

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.