• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

for immediate metrowest boston, this has been a weird winter, just based upon unscientific observation.  We began with the December storm which isn't terribly uncommon but most of December felt like what mid-November normally should. Then winter deserted us completely with the crazy above average temps in January. But with that all said, I would be willing to bet we are just bit above average right now if we were to measure winter by any amount of snow/ice on the ground. We get an inch, two inches of snow, slush - it hangs around for a few days, followed by bare lawns and then repeat. It's been weird that way. Nothing I've been able to recreate with - a few days of nordic skiing on natural snow in early December but nothing since. I haven't skated on local ponds (or lakes), probably could have but ice was marginal at best. It's been a crappy winter here in Concord but doesn't compare to 2011-12 which was all time bad.

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

12z Euro looks like its going to come in flatter then the 0z run.

Primary is still in Lake Huron....pretty much dung for most outside of CAD region og Maine...maybe in parts of NH....but yeah, it's better than 00z, mostly because the whole thing is weaker.

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

By about 10mb weaker, I rather see it go that direction though.

I'd really like to see that primary get down toward about CLE....then it would get the Dikembe Mutombo treatment as it tries to slice into NY State.

But those seem impossible this year.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I'd really like to see that primary get down toward about CLE....then it would get the Dikembe Mutombo treatment as it tries to slice into NY State.

But

I think most would like to see it go out under us but that would be quite a change in the whole pattern but yeah, Get the primary further SE.

The past decade has been pretty solid for severe too. 

2008 was wild with the cold pool hail events (that year alone accounted for like 15% of NYS hail reports...from 1950-2008).

2009 sucked

2010 had back-to-back tornado watch days

2011 had June 1st

2012 I don't remember

2013 I think was the year CT had the 4 weak tornadoes in July (though this could be argued it was the same tornado that kept jumping) 

2014 don't remember 

2015 don't remember 

2016 we had that major outbreak in February

2017 I think this was a second half of summer driven with the nocturnal lightning producing events

2018 had May 15 then September/October was kinda wild. Tied record year for tornadoes in CT

2019 kinda sucked actually

2020...Going to Oklahoma!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

2008 was wild with the cold pool hail events (that year alone accounted for like 15% of NYS hail reports...from 1950-2008).

2009 sucked

2010 had June 1st

2011 had back-to-back tornado watches

2012 I don't remember

2013 I think was the year CT had the 4 weak tornadoes in July (though this could be argued it was the same tornado that kept jumping) 

2014 don't remember 

2015 don't remember 

2017 I think this was a second half of summer driven with the nocturnal lightning producing events

2018 had May 15 then September/October was kinda wild. Tied record year for tornadoes in CT

If you mean baseball scoring and monster tornadoes, that was 2011.  2010 had the June 6th mod risk day, that mostly busted, though not entirely.

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

2009 sucked

2010 had June 1st

2011 had back-to-back tornado watches

2012 I don't remember

2014 don't remember 

2015 don't remember 

Dude, what about the Springfield/Monson tornados in 2011?!?!  Those were about as severe as New England gets

15 minutes ago, dryslot said:

That's where regression is felt more in your area then others after the run you've been on.

I was wrong, 44.5.  So basically this will be the first below normal season here since 11-12. I get we have more winter to go,  but that’s where the signals are pointing. Remarkable run.

4 minutes ago, radarman said:

If you mean baseball scoring and monster tornadoes, that was 2011.  2010 had the June 6th mod risk day, that mostly busted, though not entirely.

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Dude, what about the Springfield/Monson tornados in 2011?!?!  Those were about as severe as New England gets

ughhhh that's what I thought but I edited and revered them. 

My memory isn't what it used to be. 

I'm going to re-edit back so it's correct

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

ughhhh that's what I thought but I edited and revered them. 

My memory isn't what it used to be. 

I'm going to re-edit back so it's correct

2008 also had the crazy long tornado in NH

2012 had the only tornado on BID and the landphoon

2014 had that notable tornado that hit the Boston area (Revere esp)

2015 was pretty meh I think, may have been a tornado near Hubby

and last year was all about Cape Cod