Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend mix and mess

tamarack

1 hour ago, Angus said:

I echo @sugarloaf1989 - skied around the quickly melting Weston ski track this morning for 80 minutes and most of the younger set were in shorts, shirtless or t-shirts - not right! Plus, the fields are muddy so I'm forced to walk my dog in the street so he doesn't drag a bunch of mud the house.  

I had two saints and walking them became more difficult with my PLS disease. Powerful dogs that walk you.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ugh man....such a fake record. Now if they can pop a 72-73 then it would be real. But you literally have to subtract 2-3 degrees. 

ORH did just set their daily record. 62 vs 59. 

Will one thing to remember is that for most of Boston's records weren't they taken in Boston Common?  So perhaps high temperatures in the past were aided by that?  Even if Logan's temperatures run high perhaps a strong southwest wind over the cooler water around the tarmac would temper that??  

47 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

I ski 18-24 days a year. I can't walk, so skiing gives me a sense of freedom with movement. I can only ski frozen groomer. Last year was 18 days, aiming for 21 this season.

Nice man . I am sorry you have lost your walking ability now. I hope it is an extremely long ski season for you. 

Clouds have come back in.  My high was 58.4F   high wind gust so far 42mph

4" snow depth but it's getting thin on south facing slopes.

Here's a question.  Obviously dews and sunshine aid in snowmelt.  Wonder how much wind helps melt a pack.  Guess a 20mph wind blowing on snow would melt it faster than calm conditions.

3 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

I can still walk, but it's with a cane and at a very slow pace. With skis on I feel free as a bird.

I can relate. Floating is the best free feeling in the world.  I just can't take the chance of falling and being paralyzed. My back is that bad. I miss it more than anything. Some people don't understand skiing but that's ok.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

I can relate. Floating is the best free feeling in the world.  I just can't take the chance of falling and being paralyzed. My back is that bad. I miss it more than anything. Some people don't understand skiing but that's ok.

I feel sad taking off my skis, freedom lost. I dislocated my shoulder skiing at Mount Snow in April of 2017, so I'm cautious about the terrain I ski.

15 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Will one thing to remember is that for most of Boston's records weren't they taken in Boston Common?  So perhaps high temperatures in the past were aided by that?  Even if Logan's temperatures run high perhaps a strong southwest wind over the cooler water around the tarmac would temper that??  

Only happened once at the old site in 1876  and once at Logan in 1950. The 1950 reading is the record at 72F. 

BOS is running warmer than places like BDL today. Their readings just suck right now and hopefully NWS can get to the bottom of it soon. Biggest climo site in the region and we can't take any of their temp numbers seriously since mid/late 2018. 

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Still a real daily record even if you lop off 2 degrees

Oh yeah. Never said it wasn't. I commented that ORH hammered their daily record too. 

But when we start looking at these things in historical context such as monthly records, etc...massive * next to them which is unfortunate. 

Probably won’t break 59f here, but if it’s going to be this warm in JAN, let it be without rain like today so you can get out and enjoy.  Boarding last night at Wachusett was like spring boarding. Not to often you can say that in JAN during the day, never mind at 9:30 at night this time of the year. Embrace!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Oh yeah. Never said it wasn't. I commented that ORH hammered their daily record too. 

But when we start looking at these things in historical context such as monthly records, etc...massive * next to them which is unfortunate. 

Yeah.  Maybe they can make it to 71 which at least will be upper echelon for Jan

10 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelius said:

Probably won’t break 59f here, but if it’s going to be this warm in JAN, let it be without rain like today so you can get out and enjoy.  Boarding last night at Wachusett was like spring boarding. Not to often you can say that in JAN during the day, never mind at 9:30 at night this time of the year. Embrace!

60.3 here for my high. 

Just now, Sugarloaf1989 said:

I'm guessing 70's tomorrow with full Sunshine.

Cold front comes through around lunchtime so I doubt it. Esp dealing with some rain in the morning first. Still a downslope dandy for many but we lose the crazy high midlevel temps by afternoon. 

Def plenty of 60s though. 

If front delayed by 3-6 hours then we might have a shot. SE MA could actually pop the highest of anyone. 

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Congrats everyone on everything 

We
only expect overnight low temps to drop into the middle 50s to lower
60s in most locations away from the immediate south coast. These
overnight low temps are some 35 to 45 degrees above normal for this
time of year!

That’s an above normal night up here in July lol.

• Haha 1