Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 8th, 2020 Coastal - little critter

Baroclinic Zone

Just now, WinterWolf said:

To be honest it kind of makes sense no?  Thats a potent shortwave for sure..and It’s been very close to something..and it always just seems to skip East at the last minute.  

I'm leaning more toward yay than nay for this one for several reasons, thats one of them. I think this will likely be a 2-4 type deal for most of the state save NW corner. We're still on the fringe of a whiff so ill wait to see 00Z/6Z suite and probably do a map tomorrow if things look good or continue to improve.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I have very little faith in the RPM.   It has been very inconsistent.   Spin the wheel, get another solution

SE folks could have a nice taste of winter though

i feel the same, but it usually waffles like every run, it's been consisten over the past 24 hrs of runs. 

But it also has no shame in the pulling the rug one or two runs before go time with a total whiff.

Well see what the more reliable models have to say in a few hrs.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I'm leaning more toward yay than nay for this one for several reasons, thats one of them. I think this will likely be a 2-4 type deal for most of the state save NW corner. We're still on the fringe of a whiff so ill wait to see 00Z/6Z suite and probably do a map tomorrow if things look good or continue to improve.

Big balls riding rpm and some srefs. 

14 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Its really to bad this gets kicked east as it gains lat, Would have been a nice warning snow for a lot of folks

Given the speed and intensity, even if we were in the meat of it, say a perfect track over ACK or something like that i think this is at best a high end adv, low end warning senario, at best. But given this winter that would be warm welcomed here. Heck, this still has the potential to be my biggest "storm" of the season so far...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

very slight as far as MSLP is concerned, it's an overall better look though for sure. but the move with regards to surface was maybe a few miles. I thought the GFS was more of a solid bump NW about 20-25 miles.

Honestly I wasn't even looking at the sfc when I made that post. Was just toggling h5. 

Sfc looks healthier though even if it didn't tick as much as h5 did. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Back that CCB up another 50-75 miles and then there'll be some fireworks

Painfully close to something solid/plowable here. I will def be watching as those 00Z models roll in and fully expecting another tick/bump NW. The Reliable & Predictable Model will be the first to roll out shortly for 00Z.

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

RIP RUC, we still have RAP to look at though, hmm no ones mentioned that..lets take a deep dive down into the rabbit hole of odd-balling models

These would be the types of storms that Scott would love to do analysis on, He left us way to soon................:(

• Sad 1