• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour

January Observations

Spring has sprung, currently 79/68.

Wow, quit a spread of temps across the state at this hour. Near 80 across much of the southeast to the mid 40's in the foothills.

7 minutes ago, yotaman said:

Spring has sprung, currently 79/68.

Wow, quit a spread of temps across the state at this hour. Near 80 across much of the southeast to the mid 40's in the foothills.

It’s 48 currently in Greensboro.  I shouldn’t complain I guess.  I hope we get paid back for all of this relative warmth.

Unfortunately, GSP radar is down:

NOUS62 KGSP 041108
FTMGSP
MESSAGE DATE:  JAN 04 2020 11:20:03

KGSP RADAR IS DOWN DUE TO PEDESTAL ERRORS. RETURN TO SERVICE TIME IS UNKNOWN. PL
EASE USE NEIGHBORING KFFC, KMRX, KFCX, KCAE, AND TCLT RADARS UNTIL SERVICE CAN B
E RESTORED.

.31" this morning. Currently 64/62. 

Interesting enough that 2 years ago today we had 4 inches of snow on the ground. Took this picture while walking my pups.

20180104_084845.jpg

• Like 1

Just took the dogs out and a few flakes flying around. Nice to finally see some. Not a big g deal really but still nice to finally at least get some flurries

Winds have picked up dramatically last hour. Went from near calm to at least 25 mph and gusty. Gale warnings up for us.

If the WYFF radar is correct (and it's not always) there's snow showers down to Caesar's Head over to Glassy in Northern Greenville in the upstate. That's about as far south as you'll ever see the NWSF showers get. Could be the most the upstate sees all year. 

Got down to 30.2 this morning, so at least I will have one light freeze on the books. 

Also the windshield was frosted over.  Can you consider that frozen precipitation?

35-34 degree rain in north Winston-Salem, but the snow seems to be pretty far north into Virginia thanks to our beloved 850 mb warm nose.

Sorry for the duplicate post, posted this in the mountain thread before I realized this is the obs thread:

32, Blacksburg/Christiansburg, VA: nice big flakes, dumped ~2 inches from 6 AM to 9 AM then abruptly shut down around 9:15. Radar looks like we're in a dry slot with signal to the east and west. Flipped to sleet around 10 AM. Some flakes just started back up as the signal east to us is approaching now.