Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour

January 2020 Discussion

1 hour ago, Chicago Storm said:

Lake effect mood dust.

Weak/large meso low over the south end of the lake.

79e557a45f60472da8a29a523e6e6050.gif

Those buoys are really rocking this year. The snow must stacked deep on top of them.

• Haha 1

According to the SPC main page starting with tomorrow's 1730z day 2 outlook they will be adding separate probs to the map for tornado, hail and wind on the day 2's like we see on day 1. 

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, snowlover2 said:

According to the SPC main page starting with tomorrow's 1730z day 2 outlook they will be adding separate probs to the map for tornado, hail and wind on the day 2's like we see on day 1. 

I wish they'd bring back "see text".  That was always funny to laugh at when setups crapped the bed.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, RogueWaves said:

2 day streak AOB 32F will likely end tomorrow. Not a happy camper with a 47F in my grid. Be back down to piles only if that verifies.

We are already at just piles. This is day 10 without sun. The warmup sun and mon seems unavoidable but then the possible fun begins.

Managed 0.2” of snow this afternoon that very quickly melted, accept on some elevated surfaces and remnant snow piles. Total for the month will be 9.4”, and 24.9” for the season. 

• Weenie 1

looked out my window and thought i saw a white ghost

i am being invaded by the 101st airborne division 

Huge flakes coming down ....parachutes..and lots of them

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Massive cotton balls falling from the sky a short while ago.  Biggest flakes I've seen in awhile.  Up to almost an inch of lumpy accumulation.  I didn't even know it was supposed to snow tonight lol.

It's been the winter of random surprise snows. Congrats out there. Wish this little wave could win over my way tomorrow, but day time temps seem too marginal for anything but mood flakes. Can always hope for rates to excel :weenie:

14 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Massive cotton balls falling from the sky a short while ago.  Biggest flakes I've seen in awhile.  Up to almost an inch of lumpy accumulation.  I didn't even know it was supposed to snow tonight lol.

It was expected to snow here as well this evening, but it mostly bypassed Cedar Rapids.

18 minutes ago, RogueWaves said:

It's been the winter of random surprise snows. Congrats out there. Wish this little wave could win over my way tomorrow, but day time temps seem too marginal for anything but mood flakes. Can always hope for rates to excel :weenie:

Mood flakes during the day are always a win at least lol. :snowing:

• Like 1

Didn’t even recognize it was going to snow last night. This is the most snow we’ve gotten so far. Very nice surprise

• Like 1