Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

44 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I dunno...maybe it doesn't verify because it's 11-15 days?

I think that's pretty baked into these posts unless one is a total newbie here. 

I already mentioned it may verify a bit further west if there's a compromise between it and the GEFS. 

The better response to that is ... now - now is what can go wrong.

It can't go more wrong than right now ;)

In other words, any other reality, if change is afoot, is going to be more right - so his statement is logically baseless... in addition to being purely rooted some weird resentment that it's not summer ( we guess... ); or in this case, resenting that appeal being discussed.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Luke, honest question-what are the biggest storms and frequency on your area?

Just going by when I moved to WCT from CNJ... Dec 10, Jan 11, Oct 11, Feb 13 (was down in NC for that one) and that’s really it when you talk about 16+ events. Several close calls and a good amount of 10-16” events.

Of course I say “that’s it”...it is still a great frequency. If you spread those out over my 10 years, would be better. 

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Ha, yea I can see that. Upper echelon athletes a have a certain level of it. Did you ever go up against him?

Couple times as a teenager. You can probably guess how that went lol.  I mean, the guy made the Olympic team at 15. He was an absolutely unique freak of nature.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Just going by when I moved to WCT from CNJ... Dec 10, Jan 11, Oct 11, Feb 13 (was down in NC for that one) and that’s really it when you talk about 16+ events. Several close calls and a good amount of 10-16” events.

Of course I say “that’s it”...it is still a great frequency. If you spread those out over my 10 years, would be better. 

That has to be way more frequent vs long term climo!

7 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It’s tough for me because I grew up in CNJ so I really I only had 87, 96, 03, and 10 there. Creepy 7 yr gap between the last 3. I’d expect an increase moving NE into SNE so 1/3 is probably above climo but it kinda doesn’t feel like it...especially when you folks out east are around 1/1.

36 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Expecations have increased two-fold since the mid-90's and probably more since 05.  My entire childhood we had maybe three decent snowstorms, mostly 1983 which I barely recall.  none blockbusters, or biggies like...03, 05, 15, 11, etc...or even 96, 97 etc.

29 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s tough for me because I grew up in CNJ so I really I only had 87, 96, 03, and 10 there. Creepy 7 yr gap between the last 3. I’d expect an increase moving NE into SNE so 1/3 is probably above climo but it kinda doesn’t feel like it...especially when you folks out east are around 1/1.

Eastern MA has far exceeded its climo.  We hope for continued 

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

The timing isn't all the dissimilar from up here.  I think there's definitely something to the patterns that seem to bring several year stretches of more inland storms vs. true eastern coastal plain storms from like the ORH/Tolland Hills eastward.  Each year can have variance but they do seem to come in clusters.

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The timing isn't all the dissimilar from up here.  I think there's definitely something to the patterns that seem to bring several year stretches of more inland storms vs. true eastern coastal plain storms from like the ORH/Tolland Hills eastward.  Each year can have variance but they do seem to come in clusters.

Hey freak-what’s that mountain most prominent that you can see from UVM?  We’ve been here today and the view is spectacular. 

Just now, weathafella said:

Hey freak-what’s that mountain most prominent that you can see from UVM?  We’ve been here today and the view is spectacular. 

That's Mount Mansfield.  It's why it's such a talked about mountain too.  It's right in the view of BTV and associated suburbs.

East side view today.

82151947_10103996279365980_3789045523197

• Like 2

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

That's Mount Mansfield.  It's why it's such a talked about mountain too.  It's right in the view of BTV and associated suburbs.

East side view today.

82151947_10103996279365980_3789045523197

Thanks!  Really nice.  Winter appeal here for sure!  I love it here-could easily see ending up here but I also am happy where I’m at.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EastonSN+ said:

Yeah in SW CT last 16 plus was 2013, however we failed to reach climo only 5 years this century. Pretty good as well.

Last 16+ in far SW CT is really 2016. This is my #1 over the past 5 years. Perfect storm in all aspects. Only thing better would be to take those numbers and X2 em.

Snowstorm2016 TOTALS.jpg

• Thanks 1