Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it's possible we torch on that look but I've seen so many times where that confluence look in Quebec keeps us out of the warms sector. 

At the very least it looks short lived on that H5. 

Ya Ridge looks to be starting to build into Alaska on that frame from the previous page....hope so?

IMO, the East Coast ridge that's causing most of our grief will start to move south. This will be followed by an Alaska ridge pattern and colder than normal temperatures in the Northeast.  You can see it starting later this month on the EPS.  By the end of January to February, there's going to be a transition to a bullish period for us.

5006891-15781027423010828.png

• Like 1

Yeah. Dec '92 broke the drought for me and then we had some amazing winters there for a time before the little lull in late '90s. 

Took Pinatubo to do that. The snow we got in April 92 and the summer without a 90F at BOS we’re a result of that event, and followed 9 months of the obligatory NAO+ that accompanies a tropical volcanic eruption.

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I’m not thinking it’s over for this just yet.  Just my gut..but will wait at least another 24 hours before I throw in the towel on this one.  

Anyone who has been around the block with these systems would never totally discount it at this lead with that look. 

Kevin is doing his reverse psychology shtick...nobody is buying it. We all know he's going to be looking at each run just waiting to jump back on. He hasn't checked out of this threat yet. 

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, 78Blizzard said:

IMO, the East Coast ridge that's causing most of our grief will start to move south. This will be followed by an Alaska ridge pattern and colder than normal temperatures in the Northeast.  You can see it starting later this month on the EPS.  By the end of January to February, there's going to be a transition to a bullish period for us.

5006891-15781027423010828.png

Agree.

Sept 16-18 is very close to Jan 1-3 nationally. Supports the idea that Sept 16-Oct 15 will look like January 2020...and that Oct 16-Nov 15 will look like February 2020 - severely cold in the middle of the US. Aug 16-Sept 15 looked like December, very warm, but little pieces of cold held temps down in the Northern Plains & New England. Not exact matches, but it has been holding up fairly well. The Sept 16-Oct 15 periods looks like what the models show too. The 85F in Jacksonville was pretty impressive the other day, remind me of when it was over 100 in early October in Alabama.

Image.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, raindancewx said:

Sept 16-18 is very close to Jan 1-3 nationally. Supports the idea that Sept 16-Oct 15 will look like January 2020...and that Oct 16-Nov 15 will look like February 2020 - severely cold in the middle of the US. Aug 16-Sept 15 looked like December, very warm, but little pieces of cold held temps down in the Northern Plains & New England. Not exact matches, but it has been holding up fairly well. The Sept 16-Oct 15 periods looks like what the models show too. The 85F in Jacksonville was pretty impressive the other day, remind me of when it was over 100 in early October in Alabama.

Image.

I could buy that look for February.