• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Leesville Wx Hawk
    Newest Member
    Leesville Wx Hawk

WINTER 2019/2020 BANTER

1 hour ago, NYCSNOWMAN2020 said:

Unfortunately this winter...it has found every way not to snow ....only silver lining is next winter is almost guaranteed to be better than this one so something  to look forward to...

1 hour ago, NutleyBlizzard said:

I wouldn't be so sure of that. I thought I read that we could be facing a strong Nina next winter. That's not conducive for snow.

It's hard for it to be as bad, even a normal bad winter is very different from this, this is not just a typical bad winter, this is historically bad

17 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Was looking at those last night, what a paradise. When I got out of college 30 odd years ago I had a nice job offer in Syracuse and I didn't take it. A chance at life in paradise and I turned it down, how less frustrating winters could have been.

Was lurking in this thread and others as things have quieted down for now.  I am still scarred from having spent most of my first 38 years along the I-95 corridor (VA, NJ, LI, CT).  Living downwind of the Lake Ontario (or Erie) snow machine the past 15 years has been mostly a :weenie: dream. Lake effect (even though the best is usually just to my north) is usually a decent Plan B when the synoptic Plan A fails.

This winter looks like one of the epic fails down along the coast.  But I think you all will get thrown a bone or two before this pig is done.  Maybe even a bone with meat on it. ;)

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Was lurking in this thread and others as things have quieted down for now.  I am still scarred from having spent most of my first 38 years along the I-95 corridor (VA, NJ, LI, CT).  Living downwind of the Lake Ontario (or Erie) snow machine the past 15 years has been mostly a :weenie: dream. Lake effect (even though the best is usually just to my north) is usually a decent Plan B when the synoptic Plan A fails.

This winter looks like one of the epic fails down along the coast.  But I think you all will get thrown a bone or two before this pig is done.  Maybe even a bone with meat on it. ;)

What did you end up with in yesterday’s lake effect and what was the jackpot area and amount yesterday?

4 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

MJO812 who until this past month was snow88. 

Since the name change hasn’t worked did he delete his account in a last desperate attempt to change this F’n pattern?

God bless him for always trying. 

No it's he who was known as nycweathernow aka Tony. He's been floating around for years under a variety of names, he gets banned and comes back over and over like it's a game.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

No it's he who was known as nycweathernow aka Tony. He's been floating around for years under a variety of names, he gets banned and comes back over and over like it's a game.

Was he the one who was banned for a week about a week ago, then came back demanding to know why Bronx banned him? Or am I confusing my Nycweathers? 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JustinRP37 said:

Dare I ask who Tony is?

There's 2 Tonys.  Metsfan (snow88/mjo) and Nycweathernow aka weatherfeen2000 aka Tonylovessnow and about 10-15 other names. 

The winters have sucked ever since I changed my name from Metsfan to Snow.

Might have to change it back next winter