• Member Statistics

    15,773
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour
    Joined
NYCSNOWMAN2020

WINTER 2019/2020 BANTER

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, NYCSNOWMAN2020 said:

Unfortunately this winter...it has found every way not to snow ....only silver lining is next winter is almost guaranteed to be better than this one so something  to look forward to...

 

1 hour ago, NutleyBlizzard said:

I wouldn't be so sure of that. I thought I read that we could be facing a strong Nina next winter. That's not conducive for snow.

It's hard for it to be as bad, even a normal bad winter is very different from this, this is not just a typical bad winter, this is historically bad

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Was looking at those last night, what a paradise. When I got out of college 30 odd years ago I had a nice job offer in Syracuse and I didn't take it. A chance at life in paradise and I turned it down, how less frustrating winters could have been.

Was lurking in this thread and others as things have quieted down for now.  I am still scarred from having spent most of my first 38 years along the I-95 corridor (VA, NJ, LI, CT).  Living downwind of the Lake Ontario (or Erie) snow machine the past 15 years has been mostly a :weenie: dream. Lake effect (even though the best is usually just to my north) is usually a decent Plan B when the synoptic Plan A fails.

This winter looks like one of the epic fails down along the coast.  But I think you all will get thrown a bone or two before this pig is done.  Maybe even a bone with meat on it. ;)

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Was lurking in this thread and others as things have quieted down for now.  I am still scarred from having spent most of my first 38 years along the I-95 corridor (VA, NJ, LI, CT).  Living downwind of the Lake Ontario (or Erie) snow machine the past 15 years has been mostly a :weenie: dream. Lake effect (even though the best is usually just to my north) is usually a decent Plan B when the synoptic Plan A fails.

This winter looks like one of the epic fails down along the coast.  But I think you all will get thrown a bone or two before this pig is done.  Maybe even a bone with meat on it. ;)

 

What did you end up with in yesterday’s lake effect and what was the jackpot area and amount yesterday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

MJO812 who until this past month was snow88. 
 
Since the name change hasn’t worked did he delete his account in a last desperate attempt to change this F’n pattern?

God bless him for always trying. 

No it's he who was known as nycweathernow aka Tony. He's been floating around for years under a variety of names, he gets banned and comes back over and over like it's a game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

No it's he who was known as nycweathernow aka Tony. He's been floating around for years under a variety of names, he gets banned and comes back over and over like it's a game.

Was he the one who was banned for a week about a week ago, then came back demanding to know why Bronx banned him? Or am I confusing my Nycweathers? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JustinRP37 said:

Dare I ask who Tony is?

There's 2 Tonys.  Metsfan (snow88/mjo) and Nycweathernow aka weatherfeen2000 aka Tonylovessnow and about 10-15 other names. 

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The winters have sucked ever since I changed my name from Metsfan to Snow.

Might have to change it back next winter

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

What time did you wake up this morning to check the models?  Please advise. :bike:

5am

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

What did you end up with in yesterday’s lake effect and what was the jackpot area and amount yesterday?

I ended with a vaguely disappointing 7-3/4" of snow yesterday. I know this sounds grotesque but it was looking good for a run at a foot or more.  But the band wobbled and then weakened.  Which is typical of WNW flow events.  My area was near the jackpot, about 5-10 miles to my NW, up near Fulton, closer to the lake, had about 10-11".

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

The winters have sucked ever since I changed my name from Metsfan to Snow.

Might have to change it back next winter

Metsfan is a bold screen name.  My first Mets game was July 30, 1969 as a wee kid. They lost a DH to the Houston Astros, 16-3 and 11-5 in the nightcap. Which was outrageous back then. The Stros hit not 1 but 2 Grand Slams in the 11 run 9th inning of game 1. Must have been stealing signs back then too.  The second game featured Gil Hodges walking slowly from the dugout to LF to pull Cleon Jones for lack of effort in the middle of a 10 run inning. Who knew they would become the Miracle Mets after that day?

I naturally became a Mets fan for life after this display of Metsian ineptitude. The struggle is real. ;)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Syrmax said:

Metsfan is a bold screen name.  My first Mets game was July 30, 1969 as a wee kid. They lost a DH to the Houston Astros, 16-3 and 11-5 in the nightcap. Which was outrageous back then. The Stros hit not 1 but 2 Grand Slams in the 11 run 9th inning of game 1. Must have been stealing signs back then too.  The second game featured Gil Hodges walking slowly from the dugout to LF to pull Cleon Jones for lack of effort in the middle of a 10 run inning.

I naturally became a Mets fan for life after this display of ineptitude. The struggle is real. ;)

I look forward to baseball season especially if the winter sucks. 

I would love to live in your area.  You still see plenty of snow even in bad winters.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

I look forward to baseball season especially if the winter sucks. 

I would love to live in your area.  You still see plenty of snow even in bad winters.

We have the Mets AAA team here now. So if I haven't got my fill of aggravation on tv, I can head down to the park and watch their future players buggering things up. Actually, they haven't been bad.  Fortunately, or not, I follow English and German football (soccer) so the winter is never bereft of drama.  Heja BVB! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Syrmax said:

We have the Mets AAA team here now. So if I haven't got my fill of aggravation on tv, I can head down to the park and watch their future players buggering things up. Actually, they haven't been bad.  Fortunately, or not, I follow English and German football (soccer) so the winter is never bereft of drama.  

I might go up there this summer and watch them play. I went to Port St Lucie last March to see them work out.

First time for me and it was great. I met alot of players and coaches and also got plenty of autographs. 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

The winters have sucked ever since I changed my name from Metsfan to Snow.

Might have to change it back next winter

Whatever your screen name was in 2010/11 I'd advise to going back to that. 53 straight days of snow cover in NYC, and 37 days of 6 inch or greater snow cover and Dec Jan Feb actually averaged near normal or below each month, 32.8, 29.7 and 36.0 respectively. Let's have that winter again.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

If you didn’t already need to get up that early this morning then I’m coming down there for an intervention. 

No need I.B. that should take care of itself after Anthony ties the knot. As always ....

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MJO812 said:

The winters have sucked ever since I changed my name from Metsfan to Snow.

Might have to change it back next winter

Lol only 1 change in a 30000 day period.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

What time did you wake up this morning to check the models?  Please advise. :bike:

LOL.  So Sad, I've barely looked at any models in the last month-it's the same result every time...

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

LOL.  So Sad, I've barely looked at any models in the last month-it's the same result every time...

That's just not true.

I looked at the 6Z GFS this morning and it had 30 inches for me for March 5th, six hours later I looked at the 12Z and it had 2 inches for Match 5th, it couldn't be more different.:rolleyes:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MJO812 said:

I might go up there this summer and watch them play. I went to Port St Lucie last March to see them work out.

First time for me and it was great. I met alot of players and coaches and also got plenty of autographs. 

Seems like there are a number of baseball fans here ( not me ) and i'm wondering what the connection is; generally it isn't that big among the younger population. Thought it was more a thing for the older crowd who grew up before other games became more popular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

That's just not true.

I looked at the 6Z GFS this morning and it had 30 inches for me for March 5th, six hours later I looked at the 12Z and it had 2 inches for Match 5th, it couldn't be more different.:rolleyes:

Think approximately March 1-6 will be our window if there is going to be any last gasp of winter, the way this is going more likely it will lead to nothing, obviously where you are theres a slightly better chance of something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HVSnowLover said:

Think approximately March 1-6 will be our window if there is going to be any last gasp of winter, the way this is going more likely it will lead to nothing, obviously where you are theres a slightly better chance of something

Totally agree..if we get nothing unfortunately we just gotta..chalk it up ..and move forward  ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.