Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
WINTER 2019/2020 BANTER

NYCSNOWMAN2020

3 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

LOL.  So Sad, I've barely looked at any models in the last month-it's the same result every time...

That's just not true.

I looked at the 6Z GFS this morning and it had 30 inches for me for March 5th, six hours later I looked at the 12Z and it had 2 inches for Match 5th, it couldn't be more different.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MJO812 said:

I might go up there this summer and watch them play. I went to Port St Lucie last March to see them work out.

First time for me and it was great. I met alot of players and coaches and also got plenty of autographs. 

Seems like there are a number of baseball fans here ( not me ) and i'm wondering what the connection is; generally it isn't that big among the younger population. Thought it was more a thing for the older crowd who grew up before other games became more popular.

7 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

That's just not true.

I looked at the 6Z GFS this morning and it had 30 inches for me for March 5th, six hours later I looked at the 12Z and it had 2 inches for Match 5th, it couldn't be more different.:rolleyes:

Think approximately March 1-6 will be our window if there is going to be any last gasp of winter, the way this is going more likely it will lead to nothing, obviously where you are theres a slightly better chance of something

10 hours ago, HVSnowLover said:

Think approximately March 1-6 will be our window if there is going to be any last gasp of winter, the way this is going more likely it will lead to nothing, obviously where you are theres a slightly better chance of something

Totally agree..if we get nothing unfortunately we just gotta..chalk it up ..and move forward  ..

Some snowfall statistics for my location [partially interpolated with New Brunswick, pre-2000].

Even though this winter and last winter have been quite snowless, the decadal running and 30-year running snowfall averages are very good for Monmouth County.

Current 30-year running average [1988/89-2018-19]: 31.2" 

If this winter were to end today snowfall wise, the 1989/90-2019-20 30 year normal would be 31.0" here, a significant increase from 1980-2010, which was 28.9".

My decadal 2010-present snowfall average is 38.7" [the highest of any decade since 1950].

If this winter were to end today, the new 2010-2020 decadal average would be 35.4", which would still be higher than 2000-2010's of 33.8" and the 1960s of 34.1". 

Conclusion: while the past two winters made a decent dent, the overall decadal and 30-year running snowfall average locally is still the best its been since likely the early 1900s.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Isotherm said:

Some snowfall statistics for my location [partially interpolated with New Brunswick, pre-2000].

Even though this winter and last winter have been quite snowless, the decadal running and 30-year running snowfall averages are very good for Monmouth County.

Current 30-year running average [1988/89-2018-19]: 31.2" 

If this winter were to end today snowfall wise, the 1989/90-2019-20 30 year normal would be 31.0" here, a significant increase from 1980-2010, which was 28.9".

My decadal 2010-present snowfall average is 38.7" [the highest of any decade since 1950].

If this winter were to end today, the new 2010-2020 decadal average would be 35.4", which would still be higher than 2000-2010's of 33.8" and the 1960s of 34.1". 

Conclusion: while the past two winters made a decent dent, the overall decadal and 30-year running snowfall average locally is still the best its been since likely the early 1900s.

Thank you, Isotherm, for bringing us all back to the facts!

This is the kind of reality check that is often missing in these discussions.

12 hours ago, Stormlover74 said:

Paul McCartney spotted enjoying the nice weather in metuchen today

Far way from Abbey Road, Sir Paul McCartney spent his Sunday afternoon strolling down Main Street Metuchen, snapping photos of the small Middlesex town.

OJDLGB2Q65FHLME7ETISRXSRUE.jpg

Wow, that is pretty awesome. 

Anyone have thoughts on the Hulu Theatre at MSG? I'm headed there in June for an event and don't know much. Will be staying overnight somewhere near or in the city. Parking, lodging, whatever info helps. Thx

https://www.msg.com/calendar/hulu-theater-at-madison-square-garden-june-2020-world-series-of-darts-new-york#about-the-event

19 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Anyone have thoughts on the Hulu Theatre at MSG? I'm headed there in June for an event and don't know much. Will be staying overnight somewhere near or in the city. Parking, lodging, whatever info helps. Thx

https://www.msg.com/calendar/hulu-theater-at-madison-square-garden-june-2020-world-series-of-darts-new-york#about-the-event

All I know is I like the Madison square garden stock is going to do really well the next few years

On 2/23/2020 at 9:38 PM, Stormlover74 said:

Paul McCartney spotted enjoying the nice weather in metuchen today

Far way from Abbey Road, Sir Paul McCartney spent his Sunday afternoon strolling down Main Street Metuchen, snapping photos of the small Middlesex town.

OJDLGB2Q65FHLME7ETISRXSRUE.jpg

Metuchen! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

812 maybe are should just move to Buffalo,,, my kids at school up there and he hates snow go figure I'm here begging for snow. Looks like they could get a foot these next few days

They might get more than a foot from lake effect and also the bombing low.

• Like 1