Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monday 12/2 Threat Disco

40/70 Benchmark

3 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I'm in my early 30s as well, and being a cop in NYC im surpised you never heard of it. Die Hard and Seinfeld are two of many that use this slang.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_and_white_(police_vehicle)

NYC RMPs were green and white, then powder blue, now the shittastic white and blue.

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

The whole capture thing is always precarious imo...that usually doesn’t work all that well for most, most of the time?  It gets captured too late, or not completely, or to Far East  etc etc...

This will always be the chance/risk we take with the primary Low dying over the eastern Great lakes and another trying to reform off the coast.

10 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I could see it working out that way too. Once that first surge of WAA kind of washes out it may really taper off for a large area before the mid levels take over. 

The type of system that has everyone claiming bust when it stops and the accumulation hasn't materialized.

3 minutes ago, PaulyFromPlattsburgh said:

The ICON wow. It’s consistent. Gotta tell ya. If it takes the CoUP I would be shocked. But I repeat again. It’s solution makes sense.

A59DACD5-D20E-46DB-B52B-ECE7373C9B69.png

3D2C31A3-D0B1-420D-8AD1-721A3A115C32.png

The question is.  On that panel is 500 closed off.  If it is there would be heavy snow basically from NYC to PVD with the low in that spot 

• Like 1

Those true SLR maps from TT are atrocious, almost always underdone, even in marginal events that we know are going to be all snow with around 10:1 paste bombs. When it's questionable it will be even worse. On the other hand 10:1 NAM maps from TT are just as bad in the other direction.

Moral: don't use clown maps for forecasting or verification, in any way. Just nice to look at it is all.

Just now, moneypitmike said:

The type of system that has everyone claiming bust when it stops and the accumulation hasn't materialized.

We all know WAA has a finite amount of snow it produces, with the real potential being the CCB/deformation banding.

The banding signal is definitely there the latter half of Monday into Monday night, but the in between could get ugly outside of any areas of stronger lift.

Just now, OceanStWx said:

We all know WAA has a finite amount of snow it produces, with the real potential being the CCB/deformation banding.

The banding signal is definitely there the latter half of Monday into Monday night, but the in between could get ugly outside of any areas of stronger lift.

Did someone get gravy in the CON ASOS again?

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

It is but it’s a broad closed low and it’s far north so the surface depiction seems to match it though I’m not sure that Connecticut would be dry slotted that severely 

I would agree. It keeps 500 closed much longer compared to other models. GFS coming in. We will see