• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    maley.chris78@gmail.com
    Newest Member
    [email protected]
yotaman

October 2019 Observations

0.48" IMBY. Good, steady soaking rain. Saw some lightning as well. Looks like the Wednesday system has a dry slot modeled for Central NC so this may be our largest rainfall for awhile. Greatly needed 

0.43 down in the midlands of SC.  Had the windows open and it was joyful to hear the rain and thunder outside instead of the A/C hum.

0.15 at MCN yesterday evening.  And I heard thunder, too.  (it's the small things)

Currently 65 with winds out of the west at 5mph.

3 squirrels tearing up bird feeders.

1 deer eating whats left of the wilted hydrangeas.

It was nice this morning.  First crisp morning since maybe March.  If I hear a tv met complain about “unseasonably cool” temps slated for this week, I’m writing a sternly-worded letter.  There was one local met complaining about Sunday’s rain because it fell on a weekend.  :arrowhead:

Wx station got down to 32 this morning. Last pleasant day before the first upslope/gradient wind event of the season occurs. Will likely be some areas (higher elevations) gusting close to 50mph tomorrow evening. 

I hope this doesn't become the norm...

With the 
coastal storm's track continuing to trend offshore, thinking the 
highest QPF amounts (0.5 - 1.25") will remain east of our CWA 
boundary, primarily along the far eastern coastline. Further west, a 
secondary swath of higher precipitation values will be possible 
between the foothills and Triad region, while areas in-between could 
could see closer to 0.25" as a dry-slot begins to setup. CAMs and 
global models continue to differ in terms of location/intensity of 
these precipitation gradients, so have chosen to go more 
conservative with a smoothed forecast output.

Disappointing 0.14 in the rain bucket this morning.  Showers still around so hope is still out there. 

0.08" at my house before I left for work this morning. I think 0.25" may be the max for my area looking downstream we appear to stay in the dry slot today, unfortunately. Still beneficial given the recent dryness. 

Despite the less than impressive appearance on radar reflectivity, this round of showers is producing very heavy rain rates in the Garner area. Just drove to lunch and it was borderline downpour status with heavy ponding of water on the roads and some cars slowing down with flashers on. Definitely more rain than I thought leaving the house this morning. Looks like a good soaking rain too as the light rain this morning saturated the ground. Looks like planting grass Sunday morning in the yard was the right call! :D

1 hour ago, yotaman said:

Rain is over and we totaled only .29". Better than nothing I suppose. Currently a  warm and humid 74/72.

Well I thought it was over but a thin line of heavy rain moved thru and dropped an additional .09" giving us a total of .38" for the day.