Total Members
    Most Online
    BlckJckKhoWX
    Newest Member
    BlckJckKhoWX
Dr. Dews

August 2019 Discussion

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Whopping .37” as I head to bed. Not holding out much hope for anything else overnight. We’ll see 

More coming, Let us now how your .75" is in the am.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Jeez, you'd find more cheer in a graveyard. 

We are bowling a 300 while Scooter is piling up 7/10 splits left and right.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I'm still not happy. Amuse away. Really need a few good bouts of rain. Seems like next chance is Labor Day of pour.

Are you growing a rainforest? An inch of rain is perfect, you never want to flood new plants.

48 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Are you growing a rainforest? An inch of rain is perfect, you never want to flood new plants.

Salvaging what I have. I've put a lot of new soil in my planting beds, but I am sitting on ledge just below the surface. Without getting occasional bouts of rain...it just kills the lawns and plants when I go 2-3 weeks or more without much precip. It's more frustration. To see things go to crap after putting a lot of effort into them is annoying. I actually enjoy gardening.

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Salvaging what I have. I've put a lot of new soil in my planting beds, but I am sitting on ledge just below the surface. Without getting occasional bouts of rain...it just kills the lawns and plants when I go 2-3 weeks or more without much precip. It's more frustration. To see things go to crap after putting a lot of effort into them is annoying. I actually enjoy gardening.

We definitely seem to have more consistent summer convection up here versus the coastal counties. It’s not like the picnic tables but at least it’s rare for me to go over a week without a decent drink. Luckily we hold water well too. 

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Of course, I’m in agreement there. But 4” of rain after a multiple week dry spell is not optimal either. Obviously, if you put so much effort into it, a custom irrigation system has to be part of any future projects. 

13 minutes ago, dendrite said:

We definitely seem to have more consistent summer convection up here versus the coastal counties. It’s not like the picnic tables but at least it’s rare for me to go over a week without a decent drink. Luckily we hold water well too. 

I don't know what it is, but the last several years have been real dry here during the summer. Some of it is lack of instability and death ridging keep it capped. June and July were wet this year. Usually it is August that is the wetter month, but this year sort of stopped that trend. Being further north also helps with synoptics. A warm front moving in will give you an inch of rain while Kevin is feverishly checking his Davis for updated dews. 

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Of course, I’m in agreement there. But 4” of rain after a multiple week dry spell is not optimal either. Obviously, if you put so much effort into it, a custom irrigation system has to be part of any future projects. 

No not 4". Really could use 2", but it's fine. Problem with irrigation is that I have a water and sewer bill. So what goes in, you are also charged for what goes out. I'd have to get a separate well for irrigation, but that's thousands of dollars. 

I'm done being a baby. Onto Labor Day of pour. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

No not 4". Really could use 2", but it's fine. Problem with irrigation is that I have a water and sewer bill. So what goes in, you are also charged for what goes out. I'd have to get a separate well for irrigation, but that's thousands of dollars. 

I'm done being a baby. Onto Labor Day of pour. 

Yea you’re better off letting nature do it’s thing then. Don’t worry, plenty of 34F rain coming this winter. Hang in there....

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I'm still not happy. Amuse away. Really need a few good bouts of rain. Seems like next chance is Labor Day of pour.

Sniff, Sniff, Did you throw yourself down on the floor banging your head continuously and kicking your feet in a rage?