Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Discobs 2019

George BM

11 minutes ago, yoda said:

STW for Calvert County for ping pong ball sized hail and winds to 60... but its moving north at 10mph, which is interesting 

There are some left-movers that are trying to move northeast from central Virginia. They're worth watching especially from I-95 and southeastward where there's been more sunshine.

I am rooting for legit drought here now. Its freaking dry. Hard to believe the US drought monitor doesn't have abnormally dry for this area yet.

2.5" in the last month at near peak sun angle/max high temps just won't cut it. Most of that fell in 6 hours 3 weeks ago.

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Just about right here. .05". And ofc been hearing thunder for hours from storms passing just to my west, and now north.

Very frustrated. Just got back frm a day trip the beach and returning home expecting at least some rain,  as my area was under a flash flood watch and a severe thunderstorm watch.

Nothing at all. Third  time this summer under a FFW and zero precip. ( at least up to this time of posting )   All the action well to my South and East.  

My numbers for July....

Averaged high was 84.9 degrees vs a normal of 84.7 degrees, a +0.2 above normal. The warmest temp was 91.6 degrees on the 21st. Averaged low for the month was 61.3 degrees vs a normal of 61.5 degrees, a -0.2 degrees below normal. The lowest temp was 53.3 degrees on the 26th. Overall temp for the month was 73.1 degrees, which is exactly even with normal of 73.1 degrees! Total rainfall for the month was 4.78 inches vs normal of 4.01 inches, a +0.77 above normal. Wettest day was the 9th with 1.49 inches falling. There were 15 days with measurable, 3 days with a 'T' and 13 dry days. Highest wind recorded for the month was 30 mph on the 22nd. One new record for the month, the 1.49 inches of rainfall on the 9th setting daily record.

• Like 3

Oh my what a storm we had this evening.  Winds to around 60 mph.  Two rounds of hail with the first round bringing 15 minutes of quarter size hail.  The second round was briefer and the hail was smaller.  I lost my persimmon tree which was loaded with green fruit.  We had 3.63 inches of rain in less than 45 minuets.  Every bit of it quickly sunk into the parched ground.  I made a spotter report by phone and the power went out in the middle of the call and the phone disconnected.  The NWS employee could hear the hail hitting the windows during the call.  They said the storm had a large hail core.  I was able to call back and finish the report.  Whew.....my tomatoes and peppers took a beating too.  This was the worst TS in many years for this area.

• Like 2

• H2O unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...