Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2019

Torch Tiger

5 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

I doubt it will be a 2 at landfall. Its weakening between the offshore point and the point near PEI. It will bad either way. 

Not sure how susceptible Halifax Harbor is to surge? I would guess the big issue is downed trees because there are so many big beautiful trees in the Halifax-Dartmouth area, never mind the outskirts.  Probably looking at a few days without power but not too much structural damage.  I know folks in Yarmouth, Sable River, Lunenburg and Halifax.

7 minutes ago, Hazey said:

I bet surge in the harbour will equal or rival Juan. I know it’s a bold statement but that’s what I’m thinking. Especially with a south wind. If it tracks just west of the city.

Looks east right now, you could catch a break. But transitioning will spread out winds and rain will be wicked. Shit a little more cold air and it would have been White Dorian

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Looks east right now, you could catch a break. But transitioning will spread out winds and rain will be wicked. Shit a little more cold air and it would have been White Dorian

Halifax Harbour is most open to southeast. Theyll take it in the chin ahead of the storm. Strongest winds in general should be southwesterlies se of the coc. I find that those CAA northwesterlies as the cold front merges under et can be surprisingly ferocious. 

Just now, wxeyeNH said:

I thought hurricane man is coming out on September 15th on the Science Channel. How are you getting to watch it yet? Josh is all over the news today I saw him on CBS FOX and CNN. He presents himself well and articulate

We dont have the Science Channel in Canada and I dont believe theres any specific deals for Canadian release. 

Looks like Trump might have been unfairly ridiculed ,..

"From Wednesday, August 28, through Monday, September 2, the information provided by NOAA and the National Hurricane Center to President Trump and the wider public demonstrated that tropical-storm-force winds from Hurricane Dorian could impact Alabama," the statement read. "This is clearly demonstrated in Hurricane Advisories #15 through #41, which can be viewed on the center's website.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Im disappointed it hasnt come to Canada yet 

Your time is coming:

"Nhc suggests intensification before the et transition starts prior to making landfall near Halifax as a strong category 1 or 
low end category 2 hurricane. Et is expected to continue until the storm moves into the Gulf of St. Lawrence 
while remaining at hurricane strength until it passes Northern Newfoundland."

https://weather.gc.ca/hurricane/technical_discussion_e.html

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Those look like they could be dropping some decent 1/2” rain amounts overnight in the deep interior.

That's honestly what the bulk of the regional rain is going to be. Tropical moisture being drawn into the approaching shortwave. The main TC shield rain is going to whiff everyone but James.