Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
PD Weekend 2019 Storm Threats

WxUSAF

9 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

150 miles is a lot of shift North in a couple of runs in my opinion with marginal temps with 4 days to go. 

3 minutes ago, AmericanWxFreak said:

wasnt this a cutter 2 days ago?

It wasn't a cutte, it is just recently "found" but I know where the feeling is coming from. Even minor shifts like the 0z to 12z Euro show take this part of the subforum out of it, part of the deal living to the south of DC but still, it's not exactly exciting, but there's always ice on Sunday or what not, so who knows

How do we look snow wise between the two from CHO toward EZF? The bump North on the Euro with the Saturday deal took us from 4-5" to like 1", I've seen this before.......

CHO to EZF is kinda ugly. Lost a lot of snow between 0z-12z. EZF is better then CHO.

I’m still planning to head to Arlington on Friday. Would be nice to head back home and see two storms back to back. Hopefully both locations do well.
  • Like 1

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

CHO to EZF is kinda ugly. Lost a lot of snow between 0z-12z. EZF is better then CHO.

I’m still planning to head to Arlington on Friday. Would be nice to head back home and see two storms back to back. Hopefully both locations do well.

Yeah, hopefully, seen this before though, but I am optimistic by nature.......

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, wawarriors4 said:

It wasn't a cutte, it is just recently "found" but I know where the feeling is coming from. Even minor shifts like the 0z to 12z Euro show take this part of the subforum out of it, part of the deal living to the south of DC but still, it's not exactly exciting, but there's always ice on Sunday or what not, so who knows

right and especially for your location. you cant afford another shift or its over.  two shifts and its over for me too.  that was my point.  there is such a huge span between the southern part of our subforum to the northern part sometimes I have to look at where the poster is from if I don't know them. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

right and especially for your location. you cant afford another shift or its over.  two shifts and its over for me too.  that was my point.  there is such a huge span between the southern part of our subforum to the northern part sometimes I have to look at where the poster is from if I don't know them. 

Verbatim, the Euro wouldn't even cover our lawns. That wasn't good for us. We wait.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

The cutter is still there..this is the follow up...and I am overthinking it.  point taken. 

29 minutes ago, wawarriors4 said:

32 minutes ago, AmericanWxFreak said:

wasnt this a cutter 2 days ago?

The weak wave to our north Friday was a big would up cutter and it was squashing these waves behind it. As soon as guidance realizes no cutter bomb these threats popped up.  

• Like 1

Just now, SnowGolfBro said:

It wasn’t long ago the weekend wasn’t even on our radar.  I think we need to give this a couple days to simmer before we throw in the towel or start dancing in the streets.

Absolutely agree. Let's see what unfolds. I'm not going to be around anyway. I'll be back for the main course Sunday and into next week.

4 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

Verbatim, the Euro wouldn't even cover our lawns. That wasn't good for us. We wait.

that 7" over PSU's house was over mine last run. I realize it a new threat but those fail for us just like the rest.  to me anything inside 4 days that moves north or south is a trend especially when other guidance has it.  GFS moved from 6z to 12z north.  could it move south again sure.  but by and large, any movements are usually north not south. 

My worry is well placed, relevant and applicable for MBY and surrounding locals. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

that 7" over PSU's house was over mine last run. I realize it a new threat but those fail for us just like the rest.  to me anything inside 4 days that moves north or south is a trend especially when other guidance has it.  GFS moved from 6z to 12z north.  could it move south again sure.  but by and large, any movements are usually north not south. 

My worry is well placed, relevant and applicable for MBY and surrounding locals. 

Your concern is warranted but I don't think you need to repeat it 3x in 20 minutes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Maps, maps, maps.  Please post maps.  Text data that looks like it was spit out of a 70's IBM inputted with punch cards doesn't help much, lol.

We are bullseyed on both models is all you really need to know. Of course 4 days out that may not be the best place to be :)

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic