Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 10-12, 2019 Storm

WxUSAF

2 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I'm more interested late Sunday- early Tuesday. I think we could have a good event and then be washed away by the cutter  on Wednesday. 

That is the expectation I've had in the philly forum for a few days. Part 2 had hope but we seem to be losing it so yeah we should focus on part 1 first and foremost regardless.

1 minute ago, Ji said:

Gfs made a decent step in right direction

Here's a good visual with the improvement between 18z and 00z. I know snow maps aren't  perfect and always accurate but you can see the difference. We need to root for getting moisture in here as quick as possible and as much as possible. IMHO a cutter is most likely locked in but we can maximize the front end Thump. Antecedent conditions are ok leading in.

gfs_asnow_neus_28.png

gfs_asnow_neus_27.png

Here's a good visual with the improvement between 18z and 00z. I know snow maps aren't  perfect and always accurate but you can see the difference. We need to root for getting moisture in here as quick as possible and as much as possible. IMHO a cutter is most likely locked in but we can maximize the front end Thump. Antecedent conditions are ok leading in.
gfs_asnow_neus_28.thumb.png.5d2872ac5bb265062fac15b21d7dc43a.png
gfs_asnow_neus_27.thumb.png.682aceb3c87969cde3abbf97530a843b.png
That's exactly it. We have a winter window that we need to take advantage off between Monday and Tuesday afternoon. Anyone remember a snow to big rainstorm back in March? Maybe 1994?
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

CMC took a large jump to the coastal transfer scenario and much weaker primary

This is where our region and yours roots for different thing. You like the cmc better because it's more miller b. I like the gfs version because it's a much easier way to get a warning level event. We've had plenty here. Screw rooting for a transfer when the primary dies overhead and the secondary does the old skipdeedoodah. We've had plenty of those too.

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Little faster onset and deeper cad and we get warning level before the rain does the shoveling for us. It not a big step to morph this into a textbook cad setup

gfs_T850_us_22.png

That's a great call out. I've resigned myself to the fact that whatever falls will get washed away on Wednesday.  But we could have a warning level snow event prior to that happening. . The high to the north wants to hang in there And it's a 1040 high. Not too shabby. And look at the bright side, we won't have to kill out  backs shoveling lol. 

6 minutes ago, Ji said:
10 minutes ago, Chris78 said:
gfs_asnow_neus_28.thumb.png.5d2872ac5bb265062fac15b21d7dc43a.png
gfs_asnow_neus_27.thumb.png.682aceb3c87969cde3abbf97530a843b.png

That's exactly it. We have a winter window that we need to take advantage off between Monday and Tuesday afternoon. Anyone remember a snow to big rainstorm back in March? Maybe 1994?

Yes. Early March 1994. Around the 3rd or 4th. Areas not to far to the north and west got crushed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chris78 said:

That's a great call out. I've resigned myself to the fact that whatever falls will get washed away on Wednesday.  But we could have a warning level snow event prior to that happening. . The high to the north wants to hang in there And it's a 1040 high. Not too shabby. And look at the bright side, we won't have to kill out  backs shoveling lol. 

You know you can hardly wait to dig that snow. Pile it up right after it falls, on the north side of your house. The rain might not be able to wash all of it away. Better yet, set up a tarp over the snow piles.

Fight for your snow! DO NOT GO GENTLY INTO THE NIGHT lol.

• Like 5

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic