Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 10-12, 2019 Storm

WxUSAF

23 minutes ago, frd said:

showme, are the more robost solutions ones in which individual EPS members may be keying on a coastal, or is it simply more strongly WAA related, or can't you tell. Thanks 

Just a quick look mind you. But many of the members are showing signs of development of some sort of a low off the east coast. And in fact I did see a few that are actually impacting our region. Now how what we are seeing now compares to the 00Z I have no idea. Just don't have the time right this second to really dive into it. Sorry. Maybe this evening if I get a chance I will look a little deeper. One thing I did notice is that we saw a further weakening of the primary into the Lakes of another 4 mbs. So that is 12 mbs in pressure the projected mean low has lost in 24 hours. Also looks to be a slight shift eastward of the track as well.

I am pretty confident that we are going to get hit out this way at this point. This is the perfect setup for those of us north and west to get plastered pretty well. I am little concerned about just how cold the air is going to be though. The timing and position of the HP will mean everything. If we can get the cold air locked in early enough we usually do well.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Just a quick look mind you. But many of the members are showing signs of development of some sort of a low off the east coast. And in fact I did see a few that are actually impacting our region. Now how what we are seeing now compares to the 00Z I have no idea. Just don't have the time right this second to really dive into it. Sorry. Maybe this evening if I get a chance I will look a little deeper. One thing I did notice is that we saw a further weakening of the primary into the Lakes of another 4 mbs. So that is 12 mbs in pressure the projected mean low has lost in 24 hours. Also looks to be a slight shift eastward of the track as well.

Thanks,  a million showme !!

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

18z GFS definitely puts more energy into the piece that transfers to the coast.  Subtle differences from 12z, but ends up a bit better for us in the only way we care about.  

Snowmap says its worse but not going to concern myself with that at this point.  Pretty clear signal for a CAD thump early Tuesday.  

Just now, Wonderdog said:

Grab on to the EURO no matter where it takes you. GFS is an imperfect model. Transfer takes too long and we're dryslotted. 

Was the Euro good?  Haven’t had the chance to check back posts.  Just got home.  Snow to ice to rain Id imagine?  

11 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

18z GFS definitely puts more energy into the piece that transfers to the coast.  Subtle differences from 12z, but ends up a bit better for us in the only way we care about.  

I really think that just going off history at this stage will be more accurate than op runs every 6 hours. Get a primary north of our latitude to the west and it's going to mix regardless of a transfer. Imo- all a transfer does is give us more rain than help snowfall/ice. Doesn't matter what I want but I would prefer no transfer at all unless the primary doesn't make it north of our latitude.  From what I'm seeing though it sure looks like the primary is making it north. 

• Sad 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic