• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NW_of_GYX
    Newest Member
    NW_of_GYX

February 10-12, 2019 Storm

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Driving into work today in HoCo, this was two cars in front of me.  Pretty wild to watch it all unfold.  I'd have stuck around to help, but when I rolled down my window, all the trees were creaking and popping, so I was out of there.  Yelled at the driver to do the same.

IMG_0801.jpg.e67a355cf8afce78fd56c9d5dc1f3c1c.jpg

Wow...where was that.

RIP, western Baltimore and Howard counties. Power outages creeping up there each hour.

Just had a burst of heavy sleet come thru with a heavier band.  A bit surprising....holding steady at 32.4 and trees are still accumulating ice.  Power has flickered a few times...

been pure rain here and i'm glad.  freezing rain sucks unless it's legit, on the street, ice hockey style, which is rarer than a hecs in the cities.

gfs shows a thump of rain later.  it's really impressive at this point how much precip we've had in general over the last year, and more precip to come in the next week or two.

I was surprised to find my car crusted with about 0.2" of ice this morning.  I have my timing for making the MARC train down to a science so I was scraping frantically.  Then I get there and the train is 20 minutes late LOL. 

Trees, grass and cars were icy in Germantown, but roads just wet.  It was right at 32.  This would have been a really bad ice storm if it was just a couple degrees lower.

37 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Centennial Lane between 108 and 40.

Oh wow. Been awhile since I was on that road but that's a different look than last time I was there LOL

33 currently.  Snow and ice accretion on trees has not melted hardly any if  at all. Still slush on side roads.  Saw a couple trees down on my travels through Northern frederick and Carroll . Lots of sagging trees as well . When rain rates were heavy there's been sleet mixed occasionally. Nice event up here 

Going to be interesting if we drop back below freezing tonight in the areas that are currently under a warning.  With some wind expected tomorrow it could cause another round of wires/trees going.

very noticeable change in the ice coverage from bethesda to columbia, especially once i got towards olney on the icc.  pavement is wet here, but tops of trees have plenty of ice accretion.

Warning extended until 7pm for the northern zones...advisory extended until 4pm.  Still getting reports of trees coming down in northern Montgomery and western Howard.

Amazing how bad the ice storm has been in Howard, western Baltimore, Carroll and NW Montgomery counties.  Closing in on ~100 reports and ~15k w/o power.

3 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

I was surprised to find my car crusted with about 0.2" of ice this morning.  I have my timing for making the MARC train down to a science so I was scraping frantically.  Then I get there and the train is 20 minutes late LOL. 

Trees, grass and cars were icy in Germantown, but roads just wet.  It was right at 32.  This would have been a really bad ice storm if it was just a couple degrees lower.

It was 30 degrees in Damascus when I left for work. I saw a lot of trees branches and a few small trees down on rt 27.

Just ticked above freezing for the first time during this long duration event.  Currently 32.8 with about a quarter-inch of ice on trees and a little over an inch of snow on the ground.

1 minute ago, WVclimo said:

Just ticked above freezing for the first time during this long duration event.  Currently 32.8 with about a quarter-inch of ice on trees and a little over an inch of snow on the ground.

We still have heavy ice on our trees too. What are the temps expected to do tonight? Really hoping to avoid any additional ice build up as this has turned into a dangerous situation for some.

Stuck at 31 at the house in McHenry with freezing rain.  Per my Ring security cameras, lots of ice on the trees but don't see any down (thankfully).  Hopefully can nudge above freezing there soon.

3k nam has some snow showers along the m/d line tomorrow.  It also gets many areas below freezing by 12z tomorrow am. Lots of slick spots if so. I'm only at 33 now so not much drop needed