Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/29- 1/30 Storm Threat

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I think it's going to most likely. Guidance doesn't have the greatest track record trying to shove lows inland...in the low levels anyway. It's not a classic high like the storm a week ago, but there's def still some CAD there nosing down. 

That's the thing to watch. I mean the forcing is really strong - so this thing definitely feels like NW tug. I'd feel better if it got going a bit earlier and some of the baroclinic processes offshore could try to provide a balance and keep the track closer to climo. 

2 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Plow operator asked me how likely Wilmington was to see 2" (his threshold) yesterday, and I told him 40%. I feel that was a good estimate.

Good for him--customers, ftl.

5 minutes ago, MarkO said:

NNE winter. Currently snowing up there, 26F meanwhile it's PC and 44 in Lowell. Wednesday I end up with a coating on tail end while it dumps a foot at the cabin. I'd guess I'm at about 20" so far in Lowell, 60+ up north, probably 20" above normal.

What a difference in SNE today.  I was just down in Worcester.  Sun shining, 39*,  lawns inspiring dreams of a lawn thread.  Back at home, 27*,ripping fatties with about an inch on the deck.

Just now, moneypitmike said:

Good for him--customers, ftl.

What a difference in SNE today.  I was just down in Worcester.  Sun shining, 39*,  lawns inspiring dreams of a lawn thread.  Back at home, 27*,ripping fatties with about an inch on the deck.

Enjoy California!

10 minutes ago, weathafella said:

San Francisco is among the world’s great cities!   Have you traveled much outside the USA?  So much to learn from....

Minimal international travel.  And, my SFO time isn't in the city, our offices are in Redwood City and I'm staying in San Carlos.

Vis is up, still under 1/2 mile.

1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

Minimal international travel.  And, my SFO time isn't in the city, our offices are in Redwood City and I'm staying in San Carlos.

Vis is up, still under 1/2 mile.

Use some of those miles and head to some international destinations.   You’ll realize how great it is.

Enjoy today’s snow!

• Like 1

Yeah... but this is an extraordinary circumstance having a -4 SD mid and u/a anomaly table-sawing its way over the Lakes.  As that comes east...it's likely going to latch onto any thing in the flow over NE and foist the f out of equally as anomalously.  So, and inland track ... hm... relative to synoptic evolution at hand, not sure -

There was better BL resistance/better CAD'ing signature in prior runs...and that part of it is eroded some ... that's not helping. 

It's all over the meme-osphere though that San Francisco is a disgusting city.  Picturesque thoroughfare and hilly terrain streets of photographic lore have become strewn with varied filth, ranging from actual household garbage to used needles...

Now, I don't know if any of that is true, but ...there's enough of if out there to question the immediate "brochure" on that particular depot -

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's all over the meme-osphere though that San Francisco is a disgusting city.  Picturesque thoroughfare and hilly terrain streets of photographic lore have become strewn with varied filth, ranging from actual household garbage to used needles...

Now, I don't know if any of that is true, but ...there's enough of if out there to question the immediate "brochure" on that particular depot -

The smash and grabs are rampant.  Insanely so.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/matier-ross/article/SF-s-car-smash-and-grab-reality-even-worse-than-12224131.php

5 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Maybe ...maybe not...  Can't really trust the web.  It's gotten so bad - the web ... - that if you try to look up a source's media bias/political affiliation, the reporting site then has to also be vetted themselves, to see if they are in turn merely slanderous in inventing impressions of the the former  ...

It's become a big whirling dervish of indirection/miss-direction, designed solely (really) to keep truth concealed from getting out onto a source that "could have" been the ultimate expose on complicit shit. 

This is human kind.  We covet our ability to be complicit so much that purely by accident ... our collective efforts have managed to conspire to ruin the Internet. 

Everything else on that thing is designed (literally) to sell something. 

Oy... it's no wonder people fear global population correction and ending ways of life as we know them/it ... Its because on some unconsciously level ...they probably WANT that and perceive it as NEEDED.  

We're getting in closer to the event ... seeing a tendency to shrivel this up more and more.

Just looking at this 18z NAM solution and that compression is just too overwhelming. There may be a band of something whisking through with certain rapidity ...but this is likely going to be NBD as the late great Dick Albert used to refer -

Then, for all of the winter enthusiastic patients ... we get rewarded by a GW enhanced warm sector that we're not allowed to implicate as plausibly a demonstration of that particular influence... :axe:

Have a nice day  :)