• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WxUSAF

Euro's big difference compared to ICON/GFS/CMC is it just squashes the shortwave and shears everything out. Nobody is going to like the run but I see it as a step towards a better event in our region. We're still way out in time. Will be interesting to see if the EPS ups the ante with amped solutions. 

Just now, Bob Chill said:

Euro's big difference compared to ICON/GFS/CMC is it just squashes the shortwave and shears everything out. Nobody is going to like the run but I see it as a step towards a better event in our region. We're still way out in time. Will be interesting to see if the EPS ups the ante with amped solutions. 

I think it's definitely a step in the right direction.  Look at west is much better both with the ridging and the wave spacing. Not to mention the original s/w energy.  

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Besides, it's not like it's a model that makes quantum leaps anyway, right? Increments!

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

I think it's definitely a step in the right direction.  Look at west is much better both with the ridging and the wave spacing. Not to mention the original s/w energy.  

Perhaps the euro tendency to hold energy back in the southwest is leading to the weaker more sheared out solution here.  It's weird to see some models with a progressive bias overall to be so much more amplified.  

6 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Perhaps the euro tendency to hold energy back in the southwest is leading to the weaker more sheared out solution here.  It's weird to see some models with a progressive bias overall to be so much more amplified.  

Can you think of a time where a tall ridge in the west closes off and allows the shortwave to "back into" weakness like that? 

20 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Was just about to say the same thing! :ph34r: Now, with that HP you guys mentioned...would the southern wave being even stronger be a bad thing? (Perhaps I'm not asking the right question, lol)

We want the low stronger than we normall would to progress into the cold strong high. I envision something like 35/10 spread just before onset. We don’t want a wacky 30.60 again so gotta watch that far more then any rain issues 

Just now, poolz1 said:

GFS and ICON close off that ridge and are able eject and bundle the energy.  So, maybe we are dealing with the euro's tendency to drag it's heels with the energy.  

I'm not going to get hung up on 1 op @ d5+. It was pretty close to a nice event and still dropped some cold snow on us. All 12z ops showed snow in our region of varying amounts. Hard to get mad at that. 

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

lol we always use that card when the euro looks like crap compared to the other models. I guess winter is back baby

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic