Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Beggars can’t be Choosers strung out mess Jan 8/9

HoarfrostHubb

9 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Given latest gyx map it could get interesting tomorrow morn but not sure I believe it.  Waiting for their discussion 

In calling in the totals and speaking briefly with the met that was on the desk at GYX, They were leaning more frozen when i was talking with him, Its a tough call, And i think it will come down to nowcasting an seeing where the actual low is tracking, Even 20 miles or so further south could mean a lot, I know its the Nam, But the 06z and 12z run had around 6" here, We will look and see where the 18z runs go.

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

It has never been a game off for you, despite your inner MPM occasionally getting worried by a less robust run. It’s those of us down here who are on the edge

Hes been locked for a few days, So isn't the Mtns and northern areas here.

3 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

It has never been a game off for you, despite your inner MPM occasionally getting worried by a less robust run. It’s those of us down here who are on the edge

Lol, no we've had quite a few questions about mid-level temps tonight and tomorrow morning.  Last couple days some of these runs have had a good period of rain or mix as 850s ride either side of 0C.  

The EURO had better lift and thus cooled us off quicker late tonight.  

But yeah I get anyone south of here wouldn't have been looking at the nuances.  Just that it'll snow up here.  The upslope is always good as the mountains provide the lift, and those don't move around run to run.

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

It def backed off significantly for central Vermont thru foothills yesterday . Now back on?

Well, Not sure what it had over there yesterday, I had thought it didn't change that much, 12z Euro has 6-12" there and up here from foothills North and West.

7 minutes ago, dryslot said:

In calling in the totals and speaking briefly with the met that was on the desk at GYX, They were leaning more frozen when i was talking with him, Its a tough call, And i think it will come down to nowcasting an seeing where the actual low is tracking, Even 20 miles or so further south could mean a lot, I know its the Nam, But the 06z and 12z run had around 6" here, We will look and see where the 18z runs go.

I think GYX call is like double what will end up for accumulations in our 'hoods.  Or triple even.

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

It def backed off significantly for central Vermont thru foothills yesterday . Now back on?

Yeah from a couple days ago there to yesterday's runs there was definitely a decrease.  Remember those runs started like 4 days ago with 1-2 feet widespread.  Now it's morphed a bit more into an orographic event.  

But I get that no one wants to hear it..makes it difficult to even discuss pros and cons sometimes.  Anything perceived negative gets violently rebuked lol.

22 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah from a couple days ago there to yesterday's runs there was definitely a decrease.  Remember those runs started like 4 days ago with 1-2 feet widespread.  Now it's morphed a bit more into an orographic event.  

But I get that no one wants to hear it..makes it difficult to even discuss pros and cons sometimes.  Anything perceived negative gets violently rebuked lol.

I'm thinking it backs into the Champlain Valley and west more than expected. Places like MRG and Pico could beat out their next door neighbors.