• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
January Banter 2019

George BM

Went to Wegman's this morning, not thinking about the snow.  Relieved to see that my neighbors have not forgotten how to panic, nor how to prepare for the mass incontinence caused by not being able to leave one's house for a few hours and/or excessive consumption of bread and eggs.  All 28 registers were going with long lines at each.  Among the busiest days I've seen since the store opened!      

Went to Wegman's this morning, not thinking about the snow.  Relieved to see that my neighbors have not forgotten how to panic, nor how to prepare for the mass incontinence caused by not being able to leave one's house for a few hours and/or excessive consumption of bread and eggs.  All 28 registers were going with long lines at each.  Among the busiest days I've seen since the store opened!      

That’s funny, I had the complete opposite experience. Went to a Giant in Shrewsbury at 9, barely anyone there. Was home by 10.

10 minutes ago, Kingstonian said:

I’m afraid to go there or the giant or Safeway. 

At the rate NWS is increasing snow amounts, should these verify, look out Virginia/DC/MD State of Emergency may be imminent.

Not knocking the govt, but Politics make these govt officials panic yesterday.

To think 3 days ago we were tracking, and wishing for, a 1 to 3 inch storm for N VA. I was pulling for it right alongside you all up there.

Just wow.

You all will remember that I have been mentioning about how the weather is changing very very fast.

You gotta keep an eye on these weather systems. You gotta do it 24/7, from now on. Because this is what can happen.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

If that run came true, I'd run laps around my neighborhood with nothing but shorts and a smile

We all know its fun to look at and not take seriously, but it is encouraging to see models put that much snow out, and it is not even Feb yet.   

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, T. August said:

Where my advisory gals and guys at. Can we make a support group

We'll be fine. We aren't getting 6-10"+ like the Virginia crowd, but this is still looking much better than it was a few days ago when I feared we may barely get an inch. It's going to be cold, everything will easily stick, and the long range is the best look I've seen since 2010.

6 minutes ago, Fozz said:

We'll be fine. We aren't getting 6-10"+ like the Virginia crowd, but this is still looking much better than it was a few days ago when I feared we may barely get an inch. It's going to be cold, everything will easily stick, and the long range is the best look I've seen since 2010.

Yeah I just got a bad vibe about this one. Can’t explain it but....... idk

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic