Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You can see the big changes in the LR, just have to cut down all the noise with a machete to see it. 

Yup :thumbsup:

that's what I mean by 'there it is'

It's definitely early ... but, ironically we were just talkin' 'bout that earlier, how things my change rather soon.  we'll see...

6 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I thought “there it is” meant Baroclinic Zone in Taunton melted.  Haha

Nah. We've already had melts. 

Btw, seems to have flown under the radar a little this morning that the 12z suite is amplifying the northern stream enough on Thursday to produce some accumulating snow. Not much, but an inch or two would break the drought in many spots. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Btw, seems to have flown under the radar a little this morning that the 12z suite is amplifying the northern stream enough on Thursday to produce some accumulating snow. Not much, but an inch or two would break the drought in many spots. 

Yeah NAM started picking that up yesterday . A nice 1-3” is just what the Dr. ordered for most folks in SNE

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Grandpa has posted many many times how he has no use for snow now, its why you don't see  SREFs posts anymore.  Nothing wrong with that, to each his own.

I'll get excited for a storm when warranted.  There is nothing that I see, worthy of that excitement.

SREFs have been dog shit for years now, hence the reason I stopped posting/referencing them.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Not really. James is all over that.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Rushing seasons,rushing on the highways, rushing through life. You will regret it someday just sayin

There once was an eager boy who wanted all the answers to life. One day his father said to climb the mountain, the answers are there. So he climbed vigoursly, no breaks, no food....climbed so fast he got to the summit within a day. As he stands high above the town, he looks around but nothing....no answers. He turns over every rock, shakes every tree...but still nothing. Angry and confused, he races back down but trips....cracks his head, and dies. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

There once was an eager boy who wanted all the answers to life. One day his father said to climb the mountain, the answers are there. So he climbed vigoursly, no breaks, no food....climbed so fast he got to the summit within a day. As he stands high above the town, he looks around but nothing....no answers. He turns over every rock, shakes every tree...but still nothing. Angry and confused, he races back down but trips....cracks his head, and dies. 

Is this a Tolland Proverb

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

OK.  And good luck with your above normal snowfall.  It's been a boring season for Winter weather,  I'm enjoying the nice weather and want it to continue at this point.  It's been 47 days since my last accumulating snow and if we go into the end of January continuing that, I'd be 2 months between snowstorms.  I'd be fine with it not snowing again at that point.   Boring snow season.  

:frostymelt:

Seein' as Will mentioned the NAM model ( ..yeah, it's his fault..)

the GGEM flips cat paws over to a light to moderate burst of snow thursday morning.

funny also - it got really close to flipping NW zones over to a burst overnight Saturday with that now defunct system right after.  Hints at N-stream injection -

What's interesting about that ... looking now at the 12z Euro for that matter... boy, both models wind that into a house-sucker bomb for the NS.. Nick would enjoy 80 km routine wind gust in suffocating cryo dust in that solution.  It's just not "in" our backyards people ... but the storm its self just rubbed us the wrong way by lucking it 300 mile down stream. 

Kind of goes with the +1 over none December so heh -

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That was a good one.

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

For a guy who hasn’t seen snow for 47 days and “doesn’t care” if it snows or not , there’s been a lot of dripping down in KTAN this a.m

#hecares

Everyone cares, No matter if they say they don't, Anyone that's a winter enthusiast is not enjoying this period no matter how much lipstick you put on the pig, Its still a pig.

• ORH_wxman locked and unpinned this topic