Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

Cowgirls are done, good riddance. 

I see what you’re saying Ray. Our best bet is stalling the front a bit on sat/sun. For now, the streams are out of sync, pushed east or huggy. Scooter mentioned this couple days ago. Still, it’s a system worth micro analyzing as we head theough next week with lots of qpf to offer. 

30 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Cowgirls are done, good riddance. 

I see what you’re saying Ray. Our best bet is stalling the front a bit on sat/sun. For now, the streams are out of sync, pushed east or huggy. Scooter mentioned this couple days ago. Still, it’s a system worth micro analyzing as we head theough next week with lots of qpf to offer. 

17f

Fire up the snow gun @ Jerry’s 

I’ll allow that to lift u fellas off the shnide

Gonna need some luck and a very good pattern ...like a snow slide off Jerry’s roof where he puts his ruler 

12 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

The radar is brutal right now. The snow is so close to NYC but it's hitting a brick wall.

The models that show snow reaching SE MA and RI are the ones that show the snow rebuilding after 12z tomorrow morning as the coastal low takes shape the H7 low closes off and the push northward begins, most guidance is split right down the middle, half show heavy snow, the other half show no snow.

5 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

This is bringing me flashbacks of 2/5/10 ( with the cutoff ) but at least i got 2 inches from that storm.

I think you should receive a few inches, looking at the short range guidance, the SREFs have a good handle at H5, let's see tomorrow how the H7 level reacts if the H7 low closes off earlier than we can guarantee we see heavy snows.  Also if dew points are rising tomorrow morning, we can also say virga won't be an issue.

1 minute ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I think you should receive a few inches, looking at the short range guidance, the SREFs have a good handle at H5, let's see tomorrow how the H7 level reacts if the H7 low closes off earlier than we can guarantee we see heavy snows.  Also if dew points are rising tomorrow morning, we can also say virga won't be an issue.

I don't think the system will trend enough north for my area to get 2 inches.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Anything is on the table, past behavior doesnt predict future outcomes in the chaotic nature of weather when it comes down to what is really mesoscale on a hemispheric basis. In other news HRRR gives ACK 2 to 3 big jump North west

Both the 3 km NAM and the RGEM show OES for Monday for much of E and SE MA.

10 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It is trying to find any way possible for it not to snow in Boston. LOL

Meanwhile CMC going big with 30 hours of snow next weekend.  

I'm concerned we get a 1040 H sitting over Burlington Vt on Sunday saying congrats S Jersey.

What I like about the CMC solution is the large high stretching from MN to just N of ME.  It moves E, keeping the storm moving E as well.  The high finally starts to recede later Sunday allowing the system to turn to the NE.  But like it's been this winter so far, we have to thread the needle again.  This solution is going to keep changing back and forth, as we go from ecstasy to melting.

• ORH_wxman locked and unpinned this topic