Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

6 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

gfs_z500_mslp_nhem_38.png

I see three PV lobes, all over Europe.  No blocking and zonal pac flow over the country.  I know it's the 18z OP GFS but I don't care what model it is, I believe it has the right idea.  Agrees with my thoughts from early December after the snowstorm in November.  November snow historically is not a good sign for the winter.  We are going to miss a good six weeks of winter with a very hostile pattern.  I hope it changes in mid January but I'm not hopeful until we see the MJO actually move into phase 7.  It's currently stalled in 5 and that's going on 15 days.  I'm not trolling here but the misinformation in this forum spread by a small few is disappointing.

Cherry picking 222.   Show us 6-10 and then 11-15 on ensemble products if you want to bolster your argument.

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Maybe he is taking the torch from allsnow...he used to troll our threads and then would disappear for weeks while we got crushed. 

Allsnow is a good poster. He is very knowledgeable. 

He tells it how it is

1 hour ago, qg_omega said:

gfs_z500_mslp_nhem_38.png

I see three PV lobes, all over Europe.  No blocking and zonal pac flow over the country.  I know it's the 18z OP GFS but I don't care what model it is, I believe it has the right idea.  Agrees with my thoughts from early December after the snowstorm in November.  November snow historically is not a good sign for the winter.  We are going to miss a good six weeks of winter with a very hostile pattern.  I hope it changes in mid January but I'm not hopeful until we see the MJO actually move into phase 7.  It's currently stalled in 5 and that's going on 15 days.  I'm not trolling here but the misinformation in this forum spread by a small few is disappointing.

That's not over Europe lol

34 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Allsnow is trolling other forums with warmth

That's not over Europe lol

25 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The MJO has been stalled near 135 E though. That hasn’t helped. It should progress more to the east with time.

I’m not sure where I’m trolling about warmth @Snow88. I’m getting tired of shoveling all of this potential you have been posting about, as we stare in the barrel of another cutter. 

@CoastalWx I could not agree with you more regarding the next few weeks. The Kelvin wave slowed the mjo progression in p5. Unfortunately, convection is very hard to forecast. I would be careful about posting the RMM plots, the vp200 maps are more accurate imo. Either way you slice it, we should be in p6 by the end of the week. The pna should improve after the 4th, and the majority of the guidance agrees with this. @40/70 Benchmarkoutstanding seasonal outlook! We should have a killer 2nd half of winter.

@ORH_wxman I know we have not been on the same page the last few years. I can’t say I didn’t give you reason to feel the way you feel. My apologies for the immaturity I showed. 

I don’t come to this forum anymore, but my best to sne for 2019. We should be tracking soon. A few more week and this downtime will be a distant nightmare. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

I’m not sure where I’m trolling about warmth @Snow88. I’m getting tired of shoveling all of this potential you have been posting about, as we stare in the barrel of another cutter. 

@CoastalWx I could not agree with you more regarding the next few weeks. The Kelvin wave slowed the mjo progression in p5. Unfortunately, convection is very hard to forecast. I would be careful about posting the RMM plots, the vp200 maps are more accurate imo. Either way you slice it, we should be in p6 by the end of the week. The pna should improve after the 4th, and the majority of the guidance agrees with this. @40/70 Benchmarkoutstanding seasonal outlook! We should have a killer 2nd half of winter.

@ORH_wxman I know we have not been on the same page the last few years. I can’t say I didn’t give you reason to feel the way you feel. My apologies for the immaturity I showed. 

I don’t come to this forum anymore, but my best to sne for 2019. We should be tracking soon. A few more week and this downtime will be a distant nightmare. 

As long as people can make reasonable posts, come by. But the trolling with baseless meteorology from people can be annoying. 

• Like 1

We all joke and I admit I may bust chops with a post or too,  but you know when I’m kidding. The incessant posts just to get people all hot and bothered are what tends to be the issue. It can go the other way too. We all love snow,  but baseless posts about no cutters simply because one cannot accept the notion of them, is just as bad. 

In any case, speaking of trolling, the FV3 just continues to suck people in. 

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Your posts were better 11 years ago too. :(

Yours were too. When you used to post weather instead of a personal vendetta to try to control me that you talked to the mods about. You post very little weather anymore.. and man it sucks. It’s either posts about me or Tolland or co cks. And honestly .. that’s sad 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

We all joke and I admit I may bust chop with a post or too,  but you know when I’m kidding. The incessant posts just to get people all hot and bothered are what tends to be the issue. It can go the other way too. We all love snow,  but baseless posts about no cutters simply because one cannot accept the notion of them is just as bad. 

There's too many models. Weenies can always find one they like which serves their agenda. Like when all hope is lost and James latches onto a few weenie members of the SREFs as showing a trend.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We all joke and I admit I may bust chops with a post or too,  but you know when I’m kidding. The incessant posts just to get people all hot and bothered are what tends to be the issue. It can go the other way too. We all love snow,  but baseless posts about no cutters simply because one cannot accept the notion of them, is just as bad. 

Question is will it suck you in in a few weeks as GFS15. I have heard its cold bias but haven't seen any stats.

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yours were too. When you used to post weather instead of a personal vendetta to try to control me that you talked to the mods about. You post very little weather anymore.. and man it sucks. It’s either posts about me or Tolland or co cks. And honestly .. that’s sad 

lol wut? Drunk?

I've come to your defense countless times over the past decade from mods out of our region that were just doing their jobs. Yeah, I've grown a little more liberal here because I think the internet overall has trended that way. It's about mixing fun with the science and not necessarily reeling off 10,000 word boring diatribes.

I think I've posted my fair share of weather, but there's only so much to talk about right now. 2 more cutters in the extended...yay whoopee! Will I have 47F and rain or 38F and rain?

At least I try to call it like I see it. I'm not ACATT in the winter and AWATT in the summer like someone here I know. That gets predictably boring.