Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December/January Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

6 minutes ago, yoda said:

So 12z GFS and CMC like a quick hitter of something like 1 to 3 for NYE... while the 12z EURO declines to show anything and the 12z FV3 is north in PA to New England 

Seems the mean snowfall on the EPS has declined from the better look a few days ago. Euro is truly Dr. No, could be featured as the next 007 cyber villan    

18 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

On the mark and indecipherable to the lay reader as always, lol What is the overall point here?

He is talking about the progession of the Pac and Atlantic and evolution of Atlantic blocking, he has many posts up today.

If anything I see what HM posted as the road to where we are going, complex with many players, yet to a degree all inter-related.       

16 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

That's a cold look on the 12z EPS by day 12. Might be dry though lol. The cold is PAC driven- no hint of NA blocking anymore.

At this point I’m ready to get rid of the pac crap airmass. Haven’t had a long dry span in months so I don’t expect the faucet to shut off completely.

EPS improved somewhat on the setup leading into the possible storm shortly after NYs as it stepped away somewhat from dropping all of the North Stream energy into the southwest. We are also seeing it lose that weakness/southern stream troughing in the southwest in the longer ranges so now we are seeing potential suppression in the longer ranges now beginning to show up in the east.

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

That's a cold look on the 12z EPS by day 12. Might be dry though lol. The cold is PAC driven- no hint of NA blocking anymore.

I like the gefs look long range better. Not cold but it's close to a great pattern for getting big storms to track under us. The EPS gets the Pacific right then the Atlantic goes to crap. The EPS is a cold/dry look. 

Just now, psuhoffman said:

I like the gefs look long range better. Not cold but it's close to a great pattern for getting big storms to track under us. The EPS gets the Pacific right then the Atlantic goes to crap. The EPS is a cold/dry look. 

I agree. Seems things are volatile right now with the pattern progression in the LR, with the MJO and all the strat stuff going on. I would prefer the GEFS be more correct than the EPS.

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Lol thats been my line for the past few years. I think its extinct. Even though the models constantly advertise it in the LR, it almost never verifies, other than some transient, 2-day bootleg deal.

How quickly we forget lol. But other than March last year your right. Been on a long run of positive nao. Amazing we have done as well wrt snow the last 6 years given that fact actually. Since 2013 we are running above normal despite constant +nao. 

IMG_8093.PNG.e018f79485377e651542586ac9759fea.PNG

• Like 1

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

I agree. Seems things are volatile right now with the pattern progression in the LR, with the MJO and all the strat stuff going on. I would prefer the GEFS be more correct than the EPS.

The EPS took a step towards the gfs in the day 5-10 today so maybe it will capitulate after also. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Same old song and dance? Delayed but not denied? :whistle:

Most of us thought epic..we should have put the flame out on that around Thanksgiving  and this wouldn’t be so painful.  We are on track for a snowless December.  It happens right.  Just wasn’t expecting it at least not this winter season.  

Most of us thought epic..we should have put the flame out on that around Thanksgiving  and this wouldn’t be so painful.  We are on track for a snowless December.  It happens right.  Just wasn’t expecting it at least not this winter season.  
Not when Richmond gets a foot....

We got a foot too....up our ass
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

No doubt the the day 8 threat has better upside it appears but until the day 6 threat is within 72 hrs and still showing rain I will still be tracking . After all prime climo temp wise so no need for big neg departures :)

Worth keeping an eye on (day 6) but I really have never been high on the chances with it.

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Gefs has swapped with EPS and is now the better look long range. Pna ridge east of ideal but this is close to a good look here 

normally id be upset about the war but with such a epo and pna that could actually save us from suppression 

IMG_8095.thumb.PNG.432b50e968d02afd6882070e02c932fb.PNG

Would rather see the SE ridging. That would put the SS into play. But I guess beggars can't be choosers so we take what's given to us. Though I think the look above favors into the NE rather then the mid-Atlantic.