Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Winter Thread

wxmanmitch

29 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Nice, the best picture of her was when she was a pup and was running through the snow with her ears flopping away.  I saved that picture in one of my old photo folders, great pic.

Ha yup I know that one.  That was right after I got the 7D Mark II camera as well.  Love that shot.

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

A couple fresh inches in the driveway and snowing nicely.

This has been one incredible winter in that it just wants to snow.  Every day.

ZLdiWfe.jpg

Man that’s unreal. What a gradient. Makes me sick to my stomach, but you guys have had sick lousy January’s so there’s that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Man that’s unreal. What a gradient. Makes me sick to my stomach, but you guys have had sick lousy January’s so there’s that. 

I'll definitely admit that this is definitely taking on the characteristics of a memorable season with the epic November snows, December was bad but January has been incredible again.

It just is so hard to believe how different it can be across New England... but like the stretch of seasons when we were smoking cirrus, I guess eventually it was bound to happen.

Some shots from today of the snow depths in the lower parts of town.  The classic lawn or parking lot ornament when a truck sits all winter.

But just think these photos are from the lowest snowfall spots in Stowe, too.  Literally right next to the CoCoRAHS guy in the Lower Village.

mnnqw7j.jpg

The snow had gotten up to the height of the picnic table tops but the rain knocked it down a bit.  If we can get Tuesday night to snow we should get it back up even with the picnic table tops in town.

s0tupGq.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

The mountain is just getting wrecked. 

30-40dbz train keeps rolling over it.

htAeSWw.gif

Yeah, we were at Spruce Peak and a little bit of Mansfield this afternoon, and there was snow all afternoon, but after 3:00 P.M. or so, it really started to blitz.  Heading to the car around 4:30 P.M. the snowfall was probably in the 2”/hr. range with the huge flakes.  I tried to grab some images, so we’ll see if I got any representative shots when I get a chance to look at them later.

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

Had some light rain showers in Tilton. Came home to a light dusting of snow at home. 34°

I decided I really wanted a Pizzeria Uno so made the 30 minute trek down to Exit 20.  Such a different world.  28F with light to moderate snow here.  Around Exit 22 just a dusting.  Exit 20 was 37F and a few sprinkles but mostly dry roads.  Big difference of existing snow cover too, even  some grass here and there.  Got the pizza went up the big hill north of Exit 20 and back into winter.  Bad accident northbound at Exit 22.  People were racing northbound and the road went from basically dry to snow-covered and slippery within a couple of miles.  

12 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

I decided I really wanted a Pizzeria Uno so made the 30 minute trek down to Exit 20.  Such a different world.  28F with light to moderate snow here.  Around Exit 22 just a dusting.  Exit 20 was 37F and a few sprinkles but mostly dry roads.  Big difference of existing snow cover too, even  some grass here and there.  Got the pizza went up the big hill north of Exit 20 and back into winter.  Bad accident northbound at Exit 22.  People were racing northbound and the road went from basically dry to snow-covered and slippery within a couple of miles.  

Plenty of winter here...tough to judge by the main strip in Tilton. We stayed cool most of the day until mid afternoon when we semi slipped into the warm sector. Today was our biggest disparity in temps with you that I've seen since you got the new Davis. Your area is looking damn good for mid week.

Have you tried Tilton House of Pizza? Those guys are damn good. They're right on the corner by the railroad tracks....I think I recall you mentioning Onions to me before. Kettlehead Brewery is a little further down by the high school too.

Aside from the (warranted) doom and gloom of the main threads, GFS doesn't look so bad here for early February... decent storm midweek, a few tenths of an inch of rain early next week then some pretty good snows. Seems like a pretty typical New England winter. Is the ECMWF significantly differently, or is the doom and gloom still mostly a southern thing? 

24 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Plenty of winter here...tough to judge by the main strip in Tilton. We stayed cool most of the day until mid afternoon when we semi slipped into the warm sector. Today was our biggest disparity in temps with you that I've seen since you got the new Davis. Your area is looking damn good for mid week.

Have you tried Tilton House of Pizza? Those guys are damn good. They're right on the corner by the railroad tracks....I think I recall you mentioning Onions to me before. Kettlehead Brewery is a little further down by the high school too.

THoP has the best pizza hands down.