• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2018

George BM

Big time performance from the D tonight. Yuge.

The game plan still works. Win T.o.P and ball out on defense. SD is a tough squad. We really came to play. I like what I see. I still think Jackson’s passing inconsistencies will be a pitfall, but I can’t hate anything else. Maybe some better pass blocking at times, but that’s nitpicking. Excellent win

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ravensrule said:

What a friggin butt whupping. We literally killed them in every phase of the game. If we keep playing like this we will be very dangerous in January. 

Offense needs to score TDs when they get down close. With their running game and Lamar they shouldn't struggle punching it in. They should have been up by at least 10 at the half. Nitpicking, but if they do make the playoffs,, they wont go far controlling TOP and kicking FGs.

17 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Offense needs to score TDs when they get down close. With their running game and Lamar they shouldn't struggle punching it in. They should have been up by at least 10 at the half. Nitpicking, but if they do make the playoffs,, they wont go far controlling TOP and kicking FGs.

Jackson reminds me of Randall Cunningham. He actually seems to be improving at a fast pace.

31 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Very possible they see the chargers again if they win the division. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

How quickly some forget 2000.  :whistle:

5 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

How quickly some forget 2000.  :whistle:

There are similarities. Not sure this D is historic like that one, but it is rolling right now. Love seeing Marlon Humphrey blossom. He is the new Jimmy Smith, with more upside IMO.

One stat I always look at is point differential. It is usually indicative of a team's dominance. As of now the Ravens have outscored their opponents by 100 points, second only to KC in the AFC.

When I was a kid I remember waking up and looking outside and if it was snowing I was excited if it wasn't I got dressed for school. No anticipation and very little awww man unless I watched Fred Weis or Gordon Barnes the night before and they said snow possible...but what 10 yr old watched the news...I was out playing as late as I could. I miss those days sometimes 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, leesburg 04 said:

When I was a kid I remember waking up and looking outside and if it was snowing I was excited if it wasn't I got dressed for school. No anticipation and very little awww man unless I watched Fred Weis or Gordon Barnes the night before and they said snow possible...but what 10 yr old watched the news...I was out playing as late as I could. I miss those days sometimes 

showme slowly raises his hand. Started watching when I was 6 or 7 but in all honesty it was mostly for the sports and weather.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I remember there being a lot of "surprise" clippers when we were kids.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

That sounds lame.  4 month Euro models jumping around like a fish out of water is where its at now.  

• Haha 1

What's interesting is the weather dudes on TV back then had to actually try and predict what was going to happen and sometimes hit and sometimes miss but they had to try and figure out something. Today it just feels like whatever the model says today is the forecast and that's why when they're jumpy it makes the guy ripping and reading look like a booger eater

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

@C.A.P.E.Finally was able to snag on some of the Terrapin Imperial Oatmeal Coffee stout yesterday. Chillin in the fridge now and will pop one open tonight. All I can say is it better be good at $18 a six. Otherwise I am trolling your butt for the foreseeable future. :devilsmiley:

LOL

Enjoy it. Good stuff.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

That is true, they definitely left too many points out there in the first half. 3 points were because of Tuckers slip, but going for it on 4th down from the 3 yard line there i think was complete lunacy. 

I would see what the eagles could get for Wentz. If someone is willing to offer a Hershel Walker sized deal I would take it and lock up Foles long term. Wentz has more upside but obviously they can win with Foles, he will cost less against the cap, and Wentz is an injury risk. Add in that they probably can get a good draft pick and maybe a pretty good player thrown into a deal for Wentz and I might be inclined to go with Foles. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Well now its only the Browns who stand in the way of the Ravens winning the division. I guess we will see if this really is a different team, considering they have choked in situations just like this in the last few years. And the Browns are a hot team. It wont be easy.

No it won’t. Steelers probably deserved to win that game, but deserve ain’t got nothing to do with it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Well now its only the Browns who stand in the way of the Ravens winning the division. I guess we will see if this really is a different team, considering they have choked in situations just like this in the last few years. And the Browns are a hot team. It wont be easy.

I hear you.  A friend of mine was worried the other day about the Chargers game and asked me what I thought.  I told him that I was more worried about the Ravens winning the Chargers game and then laying an egg against the Browns.  Needless to say, the Ravens have everything to play for next weekend and better leave everything on the field.  The Ravens need to rattle Mayfield early and often.

MDstorm

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

We got the L A M A R  J A C K S O N.

11 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

No it won’t. Steelers probably deserved to win that game, but deserve ain’t got nothing to do with it.

Yeah they really should have won. That was yet another ticky-tacky PI call on Haden on what was fourth down. Game would have likely been over. That said, I will never feel sorry for the Steelers.

• Like 1

Just now, JakkelWx said:

We got the L A M A R  J A C K S O N.

We do, but the biggest difference is the D. If they show up and play like they have been, and Lamar and the running game does just what its been doing, they should win pretty easily. It probably wont happen like that though, lol. Even when the Browns were winless door mats they gave the Ravens fits.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic