Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
11/27 - Everything and the Kitchen Sink Obs

Lava Rock

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

My problem is rocks. The driveway thawed out since Thanksgiving so even with the highest clearance setting I was occasionally digging into the dirt driveway and jamming a blade. I think I may have bent the auger blade on one of the rocks though because it keeps getting stuck and seizing in one place. I got it running okay again once, but it seized up again. I wasn’t in the mood to figure out how to take it apart and see if a rock got behind it, if it was bent, or if it was jammed up against the back of the blade compartment (whatever you call that) so I just got to shovelin’. It was having no trouble with the snow though. It’s probably time to pony up some benjamins and pave the damn thing.

My final snowblower, before we moved, probably ate 3 or 4 boston globes...and 1 piece of firewood

6 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

My final snowblower, before we moved, probably ate 3 or 4 boston globes...and 1 piece of firewood

Mine came within a last-minute decision of eating a partridge.  The Feb. 5-6, 2001 storm had dumped 17" and in the pre-dawn I was about to blow out the path to the dog when he began barking like crazy because the snow had pinned his tie-out.  So I started wading in to free the mutt (literally, mostly Aussie blue herder) and at the 2nd stride the bird burst out of the snow, whacked my legs a few times, and flew off.  They frequently will dive into powder, both for warmth and protection from predators, as they're instantly invisible with no scent trail leading in to their snow cave. 

• Haha 2

Just now, alex said:

We got 6.25" overnight; it snowed all day but I couldn't get a measurement because it was melting on the surfaces I had cleared. It has picked up significantly over the past few hours with just over 2" new. Best snow of the storm seems to be happening now lol

Seems like Franconia and Crawford Notch got off to late starts and haven't performed as well as Pinkham based upon your report and Cannon and Wildcat's snow reports. Hope it snows all night!

47 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

My uncle lives in Andover around 700' and said he had around 7". Quite the elevation gradient.

I was downtown in Warner I believe prolly around 550 or so and it was about 4-5” mashed potato’s 

then you go that 4 miles up Kersearge mtn road and yes by 650-700” it was over 6”, by the gate at Rollins state park I had 9” and at 1400’ where I stopped it was a hair over a foot and heavy heavy stuff 

wish I had the time to get to 2.2 -2.5 K my guess would be 18” or so

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I was downtown in Warner I believe prolly around 550 or so and it was about 4-5” mashed potato’s 

then you go that 4 miles up Kersearge mtn road and yes by 650-700” it was over 6”, by the gate at Rollins state park I had 9” and at 1400’ where I stopped it was a hair over a foot and heavy heavy stuff 

Nice pics Pickles word on the street is 18 plus top of MRG

A few years ago I accidentally hit a buried extension cord (unplugged thankfully) with my Crapsman.  Took the auger out of its housing.  Was a beotch to get back in alignment but going good,   Electric start is awesome

I do have to find/replace a nut and bolt that hold the chute control thingy. I keep using zip ties but they break,

Awesome pics NH and VT and ME peeps.  Love that look

46 minutes ago, alex said:

We got 6.25" overnight; it snowed all day but I couldn't get a measurement because it was melting on the surfaces I had cleared. It has picked up significantly over the past few hours with just over 2" new. Best snow of the storm seems to be happening now lol

radar looks relentless for you to Maine, let it pinwheel in please

57 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

He lives just east of ragged mtn. Basically tucked right against the hills on the east side of the mtn. Awesome CAD location. 

If I remember correctly, theres some houses pretty high up near the Kearsarge state park.

Power, internet and phone back on.  Had to take a 20 mile detour this PM to get off my hill.  Will my birch trees around my pasture ever come back?  A total birch bender (and many in the area destroyed)  They are going to be stuck in the "down" position for quite some time.

Final snow amount  13".  11" ending around 8am and 2" with wrap a round today...  Brings season total to 31.75"

Final snow amount from my neighbor at 1500 feet (who takes great records) is 17.5"    14.5" ending 7am and 3" during the day today.

Let the melting begin!

birch.jpg

1 minute ago, wxeyeNH said:

Power, internet and phone back on.  Had to take a 20 mile detour this PM to get off my hill.  Will my birch trees around my pasture ever come back?  A total birch bender (and many in the area destroyed)  They are going to be stuck in the "down" position for quite some time.

Final snow amount  13".  11" ending around 8am and 2" with wrap a round today...  Brings season total to 31.75"

Final snow amount from my neighbor at 1500 feet (who takes great records) is 17.5"    14.5" ending 7am and 3" during the day today.

Let the melting begin!

birch.jpg

Don't look now, but it's snowing out there again. lol

I went out there and pulled each birch out of the snow and shook each one off the best I could. They're all mostly back up to 45° angles now. Hopefully they recover...they were all perfectly straight thanks to the neighbor's row of blue spruces on the north side.

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I went out there and pulled each birch out of the snow and shook each one off the best I could. They're all mostly back up to 45° angles now. Hopefully they recover...they were all perfectly straight thanks to the neighbor's row of blue spruces on the north side.

We've got some snow grain mist type precip now.  The shoveled deck has like a sandy coating on it...must be low level stuff that's in some terrible snow growth temps.  

45 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Why would you do that? Just let it go . I don’t get it