Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 15-16 First Frozen Obs/Nowcast

WxUSAF

34 minutes ago, Potvinsux said:

Snowshoe = 19 and moderate rain....yes, rain.  Winds gusting in the 20's.  Never had rain with temps this low.

That's crazy.  I was in New Jersey in the great ice storm of 1994 and saw 18 degrees and mod frz rain.  Never had seen such a low temp before with liquid rain falling.  

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Yea...Nams bumbed north at h5 so "front end" will have to do lol 

The 500s haven't really looked good to me for the back-end for the last day of runs even though some models were spitting out a potential quick thump. Have been thinking it was pretty much fools gold (or would that be fool's snow?).

10 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

That's crazy.  I was in New Jersey in the great ice storm of 1994 and saw 18 degrees and mod frz rain.  Never had seen such a low temp before with liquid rain falling.  

I was going to post about that before. I remember it somewhat well. In Allentown PA we were 14 degrees when it started to rain. The WAA was pretty strong at all levels though, and it didn't take but about a few hours to get above freezing at the surface.

5 minutes ago, DSF said:

Baltimore City just announced they are opening on time. Hope they made the right call, because it's a disaster in this city when they're wrong. 

It might be.

6 am update:

DCA 38

BWI 35

IAD 34 with ice pellets

20 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

I'm fairness, flooding is a concern.

NWS must've meant a FFW instead of a WSW.

I don’t doubt their reasons it is still surprising as FCPS has always done a wait and see approach. Usually a 2 hr delay with a re-evaualation. My HS kid just got up and I told her no school but to still feed the cats. My MS kid was like why no school, her sister told her snow. She replied what snow? 

2 minutes ago, arlwx said:

It might be.

6 am update:

DCA 38

BWI 35

IAD 34 with ice pellets

Yeah I don't necessarily think they're wrong. I was surprised so many systems canceled outright. 

The city is just so unable to handle winter weather that it's going to miserable for a lot of people if we do get real weather. 

The crowd of people replying to the BCPSS Twitter threatening lawsuits always amuses me. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic