Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nov 15/16 regionwide event

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

And so it begins, time to hone skills (I have none) LOL
Fun to watch the models evolve. Personally I'd go climo especially early and late season events.
I did give notice on FB of the possibility of snow back on the 8th. I'm really going to try to go conservative in amounts this year especially on early calls.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

NAM is really impressive with the WCB this run. Really good thump before it flips in SNE. 

Yes it is. I think we want to see a trend toward this with the really good initial omega/thump. This sounding is for Hartford... already 0.65" of QPF by this point. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 9.52.18 AM.png

3 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

I'd bet most of that is clown maps doing clown map things. Look like there's some mixing in there that could exaggerate the total and I doubt it'll fall as 10:1 ratio.

Yeah I'd probably cut that roughly in half and say 4-8" on a NAM depiction...NAM is likely overjuiced and the ratios prob may be more like 8 to 1 or 7 to 1 because of an earlier flip than depicted. 

Still, that is a good depiction for trying to sneak in a low end warning event. As Ryan just said above, I think we really want this to trend into mostly a WCB thump...our best and freshest cold is at the onset of the storm. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I'd probably cut that roughly in half and say 4-8" on a NAM depiction...NAM is likely overjuiced and the ratios prob may be more like 8 to 1 or 7 to 1 because of an earlier flip than depicted. 

Still, that is a good depiction for trying to sneak in a low end warning event. As Ryan just said above, I think we really want this to trend into mostly a WCB thump...our best and freshest cold is at the onset of the storm. 

The boundary layer cold is so impressive I think some of the normal early season rules don't apply. That airmass is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

The boundary layer cold is so impressive I think some of the normal early season rules don't apply. That airmass is ridiculous. 

Yeah I'm not worried about low level cold at all unless you are right on immediate coastline...my worry is the midlevels do try and erode pretty quickly. We're blasting this at like a 543 thickness. 

But.....a caveat is the high is in a good spot to resist the WAA and if we have big omega, the that helps too...a combo of the two often produces models getting too aggressive with the midlevel warmth so we'll have to see if it ticks colder in the final 48 hours here. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I'm not worried about low level cold at all unless you are right on immediate coastline...my worry is the midlevels do try and erode pretty quickly. We're blasting this at like a 543 thickness. 

But.....a caveat is the high is in a good spot to resist the WAA and if we have big omega, the that helps too...a combo of the two often produces models getting too aggressive with the midlevel warmth so we'll have to see if it ticks colder in the final 48 hours here. 

Yeah the key like we've said is to keep that initial thump impressive. If we can manage a good burst of omega we can certainly rock for a few hours. Even coastal CT could see several inches of accumulation I think. 

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

What was that?

Rocktober...  We had a small event a few days before... today's storm is providing that up north.

Then many of us got destroyed, nice cold air to work with before.

I don't see anything even half that potent but sort of reminds me of the run-up...  No way will I get 22" of powder, or even half, or a third of that.

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Does that lean towards and icing/IP problem say S ORH hills/Union north?

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I like my spot for this...essentially a SWFE...we may see more of these in December with a meager PNA early on...