Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nov 15/16 regionwide event

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

1 minute ago, sbos_wx said:

Seems like mid level temps are better for snowgrowth further north and west and into the elevations too? THat's more or less what I meant to say, didn't come across like that.

I'm not reading this as a huge difference in those things you mentioned.  WAA isentropic lift and the thermal profiles should produce accumulating snows at all elevations just away from the oceans influence.  

Mid-level banding and such will be a nowcast probably for the second half of the event but the first thump stage looks pretty uniform to me.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I'm not reading this as a huge difference in those things you mentioned.  WAA isentropic lift and the thermal profiles should produce accumulating snows at all elevations just away from the oceans influence.  

Mid-level banding and such will be a nowcast probably for the second half of the event but the first thump stage looks pretty uniform to me.

Yeah that first thump will be it for most then a dry slot punches through to the MA/NH border. 

Mid level's look great from ALB, VT, NH, ME as it organizes. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro looks a touch colder than 00z. (I don't have access to the off hour nonesense

Prett decent thump for a good chunk of SNE. 

I was going to leave wxbell for that, but figured I'd stay because I'm used to it, and I will end up divorced if I have access to 4 Euro runs daily.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, WeatherNurse said:

I got 7" here in Bartlett, NH before the change over to rain.  Kids didn't even get a delay.  Left a  polite message for the superintendent wondering why he gambled with our children's safety.  Plow guy JUST now made it to my house to plow me out!

If ever in doubt, school districts (and parents) should err on the side of safety.

Busses in God's country have chains and AWD, correct?  Or are they all tracked vehicles now?