Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nov 15/16 regionwide event

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nam is icebox cold. We pound we thump we mostly snow 

It's got a heck of a warm tongue. But look at the soundings thursday evening/night. A  massive area from near 850-700 near -1C for a time. That's probably the lift from above creating those massive dendrites to help offset warming. At least on NAM verbatim. It's also a large warm area so that tells me we'll need the big lift or we go to pellets quickly.

24 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah it's an ice box just inland. Even on the coast, if you can get a few miles inland, the flow is light enough where it could be 32-33 snow for a time. The flow is E-ESE so places like TAN could get it on it. It's not a stout, killer onshore flow until dawn. That's usually my experience. If the flow is light enough, you'll start out as snow. 

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we scored 2-3” and then turns to some light rain before it shuts off.

I think anywhere more than 5 miles away from the water had a shot at first inch or two. 

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we scored 2-3” and then turns to some light rain before it shuts off.

I think anywhere more than 5 miles away from the water had a shot at first inch or two. 

It would have to work out perfectly. I’m not gonna stray far from conservative here near water, but interior areas near you and north may do ok relatively speaking. Anyways still early so be happy with a coating lol. Hopefully we start seeing guidance show this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

It would have to work out perfectly. I’m not gonna stray far from conservative here near water, but interior areas near you and north may do ok relatively speaking. Anyways still early so be happy with a coating lol. Hopefully we start seeing guidance show this.

Yeah... anything before mid December is gravy in my book. This is interesting though.

I work in Duxbury, about a mile or less from the water, so obviously expecting very little there’s 

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's got a heck of a warm tongue. But look at the soundings thursday evening/night. A  massive area from near 850-700 near -1C for a time. That's probably the lift from above creating those massive dendrites to help offset warming. At least on NAM verbatim. It's also a large warm area so that tells me we'll need the big lift or we go to pellets quickly.

Check out that bent back WF sig at 57-60 hours. That's prob pounding 1-2" per hour in that zone before the flip. 

IMG_2035.GIF

IMG_2036.GIF