Weathernoob335
Annual Cheers Gathering

ROOSTA

Date  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which date do you prefer?

• December 14th
    • December 21st
    • December 17th (For Jerry Since I missed it)

I'd support a January gtg; I'm usually traveling mid December to just after the new year and haven't been able to make one yet unfortunately (and this year will likely be no different, slim chance I could make the 14th but not likely). Would love to get to meet some of the group.

On 11/17/2018 at 9:39 AM, CoastalWx said:

Could do earlier or later I suppose. Or just scrap it for a larger gtg in Jan? I guess I’m just trying to look at it from a turnout perspective. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not affiliated with a conference or a regional gtg. Inevitably "those" seem to crash and burn under confusion and opinion of preference. 

Thread was started to nail-down date ONLY, PERIOD.
NO debate over LOCATION.

Would have been nice. I did fly up for Thanksgiving. Seeing all the great-nephews and nieces, some for the first time, my four siblings all in one place for the first time in three years. I personally don't know how many of these I have left given deteriorating health. Was planning on driving-up but one thing I noticed was the volume of traffic is absolutely horrendous. Time of year combined risking "the other drivers skills" and putting the Trackhawk into situational driving events is just not worth the risk. With that said I'm withdrawing my participation.

Maybe next year god willing.      

On 11/30/2018 at 9:43 PM, (((Will))) said:

It's too bad someone made the autistic decision to fragment the board into geographic zones such that everyone is dispersed. If I had seen this earlier I could have gone and would love to have gone. But no. Some busy body with zero sense screwed the board up and destroyed the community. Good job whoever you are. You're autistic and you made a mistake.

Reunite the boards.

On 11/30/2018 at 10:34 PM, (((Will))) said:

I suggest we have a meet up in Spring/Summer and, further, that we merge the damn forums.

Off the meds again?

On 11/30/2018 at 9:43 PM, (((Will))) said:

It's too bad someone made the autistic decision to fragment the board into geographic zones such that everyone is dispersed. If I had seen this earlier I could have gone and would love to have gone. But no. Some busy body with zero sense screwed the board up and destroyed the community. Good job whoever you are. You're autistic and you made a mistake.

Reunite the boards.

Yep, blame Zwyts. 

On 12/1/2018 at 9:40 PM, ROOSTA said:

Not affiliated with a conference or a regional gtg. Inevitably "those" seem to crash and burn under confusion and opinion of preference. 

NO debate over LOCATION.

Would have been nice. I did fly up for Thanksgiving. Seeing all the great-nephews and nieces, some for the first time, my four siblings all in one place for the first time in three years. I personally don't know how many of these I have left given deteriorating health. Was planning on driving-up but one thing I noticed was the volume of traffic is absolutely horrendous. Time of year combined risking "the other drivers skills" and putting the Trackhawk into situational driving events is just not worth the risk. With that said I'm withdrawing my participation.

In that car, it would take you what...90 minutes, 2 hours tops to get from FL to Boston

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:40 PM, ROOSTA said:

NO debate over LOCATION.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk?  Sick

9 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I had originally put in for this Friday but my schedule has gotten busier so I am not able to make it.  Looks like that would place the 21st as the winner.

First day of Winter, it was my fathers birthday (would have been 94yrs young) very appropriate!
Yesterday I was discharged for the 6th time this year from the hospital. The little trip "home" caused clots to form, swelling of my lower limbs with discoloration and a little heart murmur, a killer cold contracted by one of my g-nephews or nieces. Throw in anything else one can think of... yet it was time to visit.
Thinking now my days are numbered (family visit, a forum gtg) for the holidays would have made this a special year.

The famdamily...LOL

bro_sis.jpg.434233f67b2308aca1d3276e29413c19.jpg

The best brother and sisters one could ever wish for.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On November 13, 2018 at 9:59 PM, ORH_wxman said:

It has always traditionally been on a monday since that is how the gathering started in 2013....weekends also tend to be tougher around the holiday season. That said, I could maybe make the 21st but the 14th is out for me. I'll be in Buffalo, NY 12/14-12/17.

Looks like the 21st it is. 

I'll be there.

6 hours ago, ROOSTA said:

First day of Winter, it was my fathers birthday (would have been 94yrs young) very appropriate!
Yesterday I was discharged for the 6th time this year from the hospital. The little trip "home" caused clots to form, swelling of my lower limbs with discoloration and a little heart murmur, a killer cold contracted by one of my g-nephews or nieces. Throw in anything else one can think of... yet it was time to visit.
Thinking now my days are numbered (family visit, a forum gtg) for the holidays would have made this a special year.

The famdamily...LOL

bro_sis.jpg.434233f67b2308aca1d3276e29413c19.jpg

The best brother and sisters one could ever wish for.

All our days are numbered. We just all have different numbers.