• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
MetHerb

Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

9 hours ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Decent thunder and lightning made it to Eastie. Very strange with how cool it is. On another note, does anybody know why I can’t get the ASOS on my  wunderground map? Is it something in my settings or do they not have those ones anymore? I emailed them but didn’t receive a response 

I heard they removed them a while ago. I also read that wunderground is coming out with a whole new redesign of the wundermap soon. Maybe they will add them back. 

More info here.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Makes sense, over 1" of L.E. at BML as snow obs.

That town always seems to do well too. Kind of nestled in a steeper valley so not too probne to downsloping.

7 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Anyone got month to date temp departure data? Gracias in advance.

Still running about 2F above normal in SNE, less up in C/NNE and N ME is actually running negative.

29 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Anyone got month to date temp departure data? Gracias in advance.

Don't have Oct 1-6, but since then I've run 2.2 BN.  We had 3 days in the low 80s in SNJ during that early month period, but never got above 59 on my max-min, so I'd guess we're close to -2 for 1st-23rd.  The current storm will push precip to over 3", but the Oct avg is 5.5" so we'll likely finish BN unless the weekend storm is a real bomb.

Slushy drops for the whole commute to AUG with some brief all-snow spurts once at work, and 0.92" from the gauge - will probably finish AOA 1".  No accumulation - might've been some slush-on-leaves at 800' on Mile Hill but hard to tell in the pre-dawn. 

• Like 1

First obs of the season under 1 mile vis in snow.  Sounds like a sloppy 0.5" at home.

Hopefully all the SPC and Midwest severe guys at the AMS conference are enjoying seeing some snow.  

METAR KMVL 241210Z AUTO 02007KT 3/4SM -SN BR OVC004 00/00 A3001 RMK P0002

7 minutes ago, mreaves said:

PF, I think it's time you moved out of the condo to some more spacious diggs in Stowe.

https://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/money/2018/10/22/766-acres-stowe-up-sale-cool-putnam-state-forest/1659626002/

Jesus...ha but that's away from the Spine.  Might have elevation but if I move I want to go 3 miles west not east ;).