Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

1 hour ago, BrianW said:

Central and Western Mass people let me know when this is up and running. Congrats Northhampton for the firsr recreational Marijuana store east of Colorado.

https://www.westernmassnews.com/news/recreational-marijuana-shop-scheduled-to-open-in-northampton/article_95413458-e40f-11e8-abbe-2f7d59dd54a3.html

This is what everyone in the region has been waiting for. Soon, us CT folk can legally buy a special jolly rancher on a Friday night like your fellow beer drinker. 

2 hours ago, BrianW said:

Central and Western Mass people let me know when this is up and running. Congrats Northhampton for the firsr recreational Marijuana store east of Colorado.

https://www.westernmassnews.com/news/recreational-marijuana-shop-scheduled-to-open-in-northampton/article_95413458-e40f-11e8-abbe-2f7d59dd54a3.html

51 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

This is what everyone in the region has been waiting for. Soon, us CT folk can legally buy a special jolly rancher on a Friday night like your fellow beer drinker. 

The state sanctioned stores will offer a needed layer of quality control.  Western MA and S VT are surreal in that high quality cannabis products are basically free if you look hard enough.  I've never seen anything like it honestly.  

4 hours ago, PowderBeard said:

We do but they still get on. In RI NexGuard worked but in Amherst we found them everywhere in the house and on us. They would ride him in the house then come off. The old behind the neck Frontline is about all that work. We don't find them on him or in the house but we will see them crawling on him when they first get on.

I've been using the seresto collar on my dog the last two years and shes had zero ticks, worth the $60.

• Like 1

I'm surprised by the aforementioned tick reports.  I took one, off one of the dogs last week, and it is literally the first one I have seen since June. It was a particularly brutal Spring for ticks and then they all just went away.  I was befuddled, waiting for them to come back with a vengeance but nothing yet.  The summer rains here must have drowned them.

7 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I've been using the seresto collar on my dog the last two years and shes had zero ticks, worth the $60.

That’s what ours have. And if we go deep into the woods, they get sprayed with my wifes essential oil blend. Crazy that some are yanking ticks from their beloved dogs left and right.

Not bad for the New England heartland.

Central Piscataquis-
Including the cities of Greenville, Monson, and Blanchard
312 AM EST Sat Nov 10 2018

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM EST THIS
AFTERNOON...

* WHAT...Snow and mixed precipitation is occurring. Additional wet
  snow accumulations of 3 to 5 inches for a storm total of 5 to 9
  inches and ice accumulations of around one tenth are expected.

* WHERE...Central Piscataquis County.

* WHEN...Until 1 PM EST this afternoon.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on difficult travel conditions.
  Expect significant reductions in visibility at times.

What a crappy morning.  Just took the dog out for a walk.  Man, I miss just letting her out the door--hopefully I can get her invisible fence set up today.  She won't have nearly as much room to play as before, but she'll like that better than the leash I'm sure.  I have no confidence she won't fall off the rocks into the water.

But back to the crappy morning---cold, mist/drizzle, windy.   Yuck, yuck, yuck.  

1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

What a crappy morning.  Just took the dog out for a walk.  Man, I miss just letting her out the door--hopefully I can get her invisible fence set up today.  She won't have nearly as much room to play as before, but she'll like that better than the leash I'm sure.  I have no confidence she won't fall off the rocks into the water.

But back to the crappy morning---cold, mist/drizzle, windy.   Yuck, yuck, yuck.  

Our dog is so terrified of getting zapped she doesn’t go near the boundary even when the batteries are dead...