Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour
nj2va

March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

Just now, Bob Chill said:

Light snow has commenced in Rockville. Maybe this band will park until the big show rolls in later. 

That would be ideal. Really hoping I can pick up 2”-4” before the main party arrives. Bands like this that stick around could do it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Yellows popping up in NW DC...anyone under that?

I'm on the southern fringe of that "band" and it is light showery snow, sticking to cars

• Like 3

Just now, supernovasky said:

That would be ideal. Really hoping I can pick up 2”-4” before the main party arrives. Bands like this that stick around could do it.

Hrrr has it moving out by 9pm or so but then everything builds back in. I don't think it will amount to much but I could be wrong. We'll see in an hour or 2. I'm sure not complaining. lol

Radar and surface obs show something has closed just off central Sc coast. However it is moving ne and hoping it goes more north

then there is the rather disjointed mass well to our west

can someone do a step by step on how these features integrate into what is anticipated?

thanks 

I am on the absolute southern edge of that backbuilding, right by the SE Freeway, and cars now have a thin white topping, as does some of the ground cover. Not getting parachutes by any stretch, but some sort of snow-like substance is falling from the sky.

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

Story of my day. Too far east and now too far south 

You can see it starting to fill in down near EZF. Maybe it overspreads Nova? Must be inflow from the atlantic or something. 

• Like 2

Sharpsburg, Washington County Md......27 degrees, light snow now after heavy snow all day. Hubby measured several places and average is 8.6 inches. Roads have been covered since around 9:30 am. Plows out in full force. Never got above 29 degrees today.  18 inches is totally doable with wave 2!!!

• Like 4