• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 13th ... west Atlantic bombogenesis type low clipping SE New England, more certain ...may be expanding inland

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Nice map...good luck. This is backing in far enough (and slightly slower) to try and get those >2 foot totals....we shall see. I hope it stalls even another 3-5 hours from current guidance.

No caution flags from anyone tonight. Apparently nothing can go wrong. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Two storms ago we were all waiting for the rain to turn to snow.  It never happened down here.  Those waiting now for a major change for the worse (much less snow) will also be disappointed.

16 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Couldn't have said it better myself. And how appropriate would it be for this thing to cleanly phase on the 25th and 130th anniversary of two of the greatest such occurrences in the annals.

Well ... I put some "if" like conditional statements in that...  I'm not exactly saying that is what is going to happen... It's just that the present observations seem to match the west correction schemes, which in them selves bear well against theoretical thinking...

It never sat well with me that the low was getting foisted so far out toward the outer banks, with that N/stream mechanics already intermingling with the total vorticity field... Phasing lows "spitting" them back out ...heh... odd.   Maybe -

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

The only thing I can see is that the DGZ gets a little higher up in ern areas.  But it's tremendous lift just below it. I feel like central and wrn MA will fluff their way to big numbers.

Nice to be able to see that on tropical tidbits. Noticed same thing. But don't know enough about cross sections yet to really say much. 

This is now like the first time I studied skew t's lol.

Is there anywhere to get euro skew t's?

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I always struggle getting the right feel with these events that get the majority of the board super excited, but don't impact up here as much.  Hard not to get worked up along with everyone else.   Do you feel good about 8-16" range the local pros are going with?

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Well ... I put some "if" like conditional statements in that...  I'm not exactly saying that is what is going to happen... It's just that the present observations seem to match the west correction schemes, which in them selves bear well against theoretical thinking...

It never sat well with me that the low was getting foisted so far out toward the outer banks, with that N/stream mechanics already intermingling with the total vorticity field... Phasing lows "spitting" them back out ...heh... odd.   Maybe -

Sure, sure, the usual caveats apply. But its present behavior does seem well aligned with your expectations.

Looks bad... lots of people will lose power with temps plunging into the 20's.  good chance for severe property damage for people still recovering from the last two nor'easters.

Flooding, potential burst pipes, lots of people will miss work, driving will be impossible, people wont be able to get medical help.

But hey.. SNOW PACK!!!!

Just got out of NYC and on way back to NH (just in time). Looking over models while sitting at this gas station, a “safe” forecast for SE NH would be 14-20”. However, can’t rule out 24” lollis around here and especially to south of us. Will post more in the morning because I got to finish this drive.