Newest Member
    joxey
Median to above confidence for moderate (major?) impact event, midweek

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Great when all soundings show a straight up snow profile and those maps show rain

Well the soundings are warm below 925..but it's not really believable that KBED is rain with a -2 at 900mb and -4 at 850 with that track.

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Colts run defense in the goal line stand against 1993 Emmitt Smith.

It's pretty bad, but at least it's consistently much warmer than the rest.

My biggest red flag (and I mentioned this last night in my AFD) is that the GFS continues to warm the boundary layer, while the rest of the model guidance pins that coastal front in place and even cools at 00z when the heavy stuff starts.

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You’ve been very emotional today swinging from bridge jumping to cartwheels now. Just remember that when others do it too. Everything doesnt always have to be pristine model discussions. Weather is fun too.... roller coasters are good times. Hope you get pasted.

Except I wasn't actually bridge jumping. I was being a wisea*s. 

I get your point, but I posted keep the faith several times this afternoon and said either 3-6" or 5-10" as my lowest forecast this afternoon.

I also clearly started there was a chance for it to go the other way.

I wasn't blindly posting, 'It's going to rain' without looking at any of the model runs, like we had multiple people doing last storm

7 minutes ago, Stash said:

Yikes, big cutback over ALY area from KALB on north where they currently have 12-18 forecasted.  

We don't want to see the Euro take a tic E tonight, that's for sure.  BOX and Albany have been really aggressive with snow amounts from Catskills through Albany, Berkshires and NW MA.  I would rather not wake up to see those totals cut by 1/3 or 1/2 but I have had a hard time believing the amounts for WNE / E NY / S VT.  

That faux GFS mixed layer really taints the overall look to things. When I plot 950 mb temps, the Reg and NAM12 really give a reasonable look to the coastal front pinned near 95. But the GFS has above freezing well back into MA and NH because it thinks 950 is in the mixed layer. 

In my opinion it even taints the wet bulb temp, because the surface is just too warm in the first place and gives an artificially high wet bulb because of it.

Sup folks!

Spent the last hour catching up.  Not surprised by some of the model trends.  Razor thin margin for some still.  Still a great thump for the CT peeps up into MA W of Rt 128 and N of I-90.  The 00z RGEM has a nasty dryslot that shuts off the precip in E areas around midnight or shortly thereafter.

Archived