joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Median to above confidence for moderate (major?) impact event, midweek

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m pretty bullish. I definitely feel like this will be a fun storm around here and could overperformed.

- earlier issues I had with dry slotting and snow growth issues seem gone with a slight tick SE with mid level lows and more importantly more compact low level lows.

- max strength of mid level lows just SE of MTP maximizes frontogenesis up here.

- fairly long duration MAUL/instability.

- potential for pivot of snow band with dry slot punched off toward GON.

- extreme omega modeled and punching through DGZ.

we snow. Could easily become a 12-18 kinda deal locally and maybe a swath of higher impact power outage snow.

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

I’m pretty bullish. I definitely feel like this will be a fun storm around here and could overperformed.

- earlier issues I had with dry slotting and snow growth issues seem gone with a slight tick SE with mid level lows and more importantly more compact low level lows.

- max strength of mid level lows just SE of MTP maximizes frontogenesis up here.

- fairly long duration MAUL/instability.

- potential for pivot of snow band with dry slot punched off toward GON.

- extreme omega modeled and punching through DGZ.

we snow. Could easily become a 12-18 kinda deal locally and maybe a swath of higher impact power outage snow.

And....we take em off.

SWC says everybody dances:

We going with 12-18” statewide, 6-12” se ct, along southern RI into SE MA with lesser amounts towards the islands, 3-6”. Boston metro 6-12”. Then Basically take the 12-18” wide swath in CT and run it up northeast to Maine with localized 20-24” jacks in NE MA , S NH and ME. Good luck and goodnight. 

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

SWC says everybody dances:

We going with 12-18” statewide, 6-12” se ct, along southern RI into SE MA with lesser amounts towards the islands, 3-6”. Boston metro 6-12”. Then Basically take the 12-18” wide swath in CT and run it up northeast to Maine with localized 20-24” jacks in NE MA , S NH and ME. Good luck and goodnight. 

I see you neglected NW MA and S VT where I fear our 12" totals are starting to slip away to the East...

35 Degrees and light ocean effect snow?  That may be a good sign, not sure though.  Reason is that you're at 35 right now with light precip and snowing.  Think what it would be like with heavier precip rates dragging that cold air down right above the deck.

2 minutes ago, Greg said:

35 Degrees and light ocean effect snow?  That may be a good sign, not sure though.  Reason is that you're at 35 right now with light precip and snowing.  Think what it would be like with heavier precip rates dragging that cold air down right above the deck.

The reason it is a good thing is that it shows we have cold air aloft (need at least a 10C temp difference between surface and aloft to produce the convection). If we had a mild or even marginal air mass these OES showers wouldn't even exist, as convection would be too shallow for precip. 

3 minutes ago, Greg said:

Yep station nearby reporting 36. The local davis on my street is 35. Im glad to see it. Were really going to struggle with the marine layer here

Archived